Listening to your music in high quality is a big part of enjoying your drive to the fullest. By replacing your factory speakers and adding a subwoofer, you can listen louder, with better clarity and a greater range of sound. Running these components through an amplifier ensures that they’re getting the power needed for optimal performance without distortion.
Car Speakers — After-market car speakers recreate your music’s vibrant highs and midranges. There are two types of car speakers, based on how the tweeters (responsible for highs) and woofers (for midranges) are housed:
Coaxial — Usually sold in pairs, coaxial speakers pack multiple components such as tweeters and woofers into each unit. They split the audio frequencies coming from your receiver multiple ways and direct them to each component. The number of ways the sound is split is a good indication of the clarity and detail your speakers will produce.
Component — At the higher end, component speakers are a separate unit for each tweeter and woofer, allowing you to place them in your car wherever you prefer for the best sound. Installing your tweeters near head level results in clearer highs.
Subwoofers — A subwoofer provides the deep, rich lows and bass that give your music an authentic depth of sound. Forget the idea that subwoofers are only for trunk-rattling, bass-heavy music: they can improve all genres of music. In fact, not all of them are housed in the trunk anymore. You now have the option of compact, game console-sized subs that can fit under a car seat and include a built-in amp, making installation easy.
Amplifiers — To wring every drop of sound quality possible out of your audio system (especially power-hungry subs), you’ll need an amplifier that can produce more power. Car amplifiers range from mono amps that power just one channel — usually a subwoofer — to up to five-channel amps.
Installation — Make sure that the speakers you choose will properly fit into the area of your car (door panels or rear window dash) you plan to install them. Similarly, traditional-sized subwoofers need to be housed in a fitted enclosure in your trunk for optimal sound. Amplifiers are smaller but still require wiring kits and adapters to connect with your speakers and subs. Geek Squad® can help you determine the perfect setup for your car, install it and ensure all components are connected properly.
Power Handling — Measured in watts, power handling capacity indicates the maximum power signal that a speaker or subwoofer can accept. Feeding a speaker more power than it can handle can damage the speaker, but many speakers with high power handling capacities actually require more power to sound their best. For best results, choose speakers that can handle approximately the maximum output of your receiver and amplifier. Peak power capacity indicates the maximum power your speakers can only handle for short bursts. More importantly, nominal power (RMS) is the amount of continuous power the speaker can handle throughout use.
Kicker 43C104 Comp 10" 300 Watt SVC 4-ohm Car Audio Subwoofer Woofer Sub C104
- 300W Peak Amp Power / 150W RMS
- Injection-molded Polypropylene Cone
- Ribbed Foam Surround
- Bumped Back Plate & High-temp Voice Coil
Kicker 43C104 Comp 10" 300 Watt SVC 4-ohm Car Audio Subwoofer Woofer Sub C104
Boss Audio Systems PD12LED CXX8 600 Watt, 8 Inch, Single 4 Ohm Voice Coil Car Subwoofer
- Sensitivity SPL (1W / 1m) 83 dB, Resonant Frequency 49 Hz
- Polypropylene Cone, 2 Inch Copper Voice Coil, Rubber Surround
- Sealed Enclosure Internal Volume: .35 Cubic Feet, Ported Enclosure Internal Volume: .6 Cubic Feet
- 3.5 Inch Round Inch Port Circumference, 7 Inch Port Length, 52 Hz Port Frequency
- 3.6 Inch Mounting Height, 7.3 Inch Mounting Hole Diameter
With Extreme looks and bass output, the CXX8 8" Chaos Extreme Series Single Voice Coil Subwoofer from Boss Audio Systems is the stylish upgrade to your car's audio system with super-clear lows. With a metallic black finish that accents any...
HIGH QUALITY UNIVERSAL 12" CAR AUDIO METAL SUB WOOFER GRILLE 12 INCHES GRILL
- Universal 12 Inch Metal Mesh Speaker Grille
- Color: Black
- 8 Mounting Holes
- Diameter: 12-Inch
- Hidden Mounting Bracket
Technical Details: Universal 12 Inch Metal Mesh Speaker Grille Color: Black 8 Mounting Holes Diameter: 12-Inch Hidden Mounting Bracket
MTX Audio Terminator Series TNE212D 1,200-Watt Dual 12-Inch Sub Enclosure
- Houses two 12-Inch Terminator subwoofers, TNP212D2, or a vented enclosure
- Ideal solutions for anyone looking to add bass to their vehicle
- Ruggedly constructed using 5/8" MDF and aviation grade black carpet
- 5/8" MDF Construction
800 Watt Max Dual 12" Terminator Series Loaded Subwoofer Bass Enclosure
JBL Stage 810 8" Car Audio Subwoofer
- Power handling: 200Wrms, 800W peak
- Sensitivity (@2.83V): 88dB
- Frequency response: 38Hz - 200Hz
- Voice coil diameter: 1.5 in (38.8mm)
- Impedance: 4 ohms
Price leading JBL Stage car subwoofers were engineered to deliver high-output, low-distortion bass with power handling capability of up to 1000 watts peak power. (Available in three sizes-8" (200mm), 10" (250mm), 12" (300mm)-for every size...
Planet Audio AC1500.1M Anarchy 1500 Watt, 2/4 Ohm Stable Class A/B, Monoblock, Mosfet Car Amplifier with Remote Subwoofer Control
- 1500 W MAX Power @ 2 Ohm x 1 Channel
- 750 W MAX Power @ 4 Ohm x 1 Channel
- High and Low Level Inputs
- Variable Low Pass Crossover, Variable Bass Boost
- Remote Subwoofer Control
Break out the Bass with the Planet Audio Anarchy AC1500.1M Monoblock Class A/B Amplifier. This powerful 2-Ohm stable Amplifier features 1500 Watts Max Power with a MOSFET power supply to drive your tunes to the limit. Customize the sound with...
MTX 12" 1200W Dual Loaded Car Audio Subwoofers with Box Enclosure Package
- New MTX TNE212D 12" 1200W Car Subwoofer Enclosure
- 1200 Watt Max
- 400 Watt RMS
- Rubber Surround
- Polypropylene Cone
This is a complete package! Package includes, MTX loaded car subwoofer system with Mono amplifier and complete amplifier installation kit! The MTX TNE212D combines great subwoofer design with perfect enclosure design to deliver bass that far...
Polymat Audio 16 Ft By 3.75 Ft Wide Charcoal / Dark Grey Car Sub Woofer Speaker Box, Dj Enclosure Latex Backed Carpet and Trunk Liner 16'X3.75'
- Exclusive Authorized seller of Polymat: bargainshore
- Non-woven Fabric will not unravel • extremely durable stands up to heavy use
- Extremely durable; stands up to heavy use• Easy to cut, fit, and mold to desired shape or size.
- Resists stains, mold, and mildew • High resistance to gas, oil, and salt
- Solution dyed polypropylene for good colorfastness and UV protection
16FT LONG BY 3.75FT WIDE Polymat Felt Fabric Mat, high quality backed felt fabric. Non-woven Fabric will not unravel. Polymat can be used for a variety of uses: home, office, vehicles, school, pets, children, toys, crafts, projects, displays and...
BOSS Audio R1004 Riot 400 Watt, 4 Channel, 2/4 Ohm Stable Class A/B, Full Range, MOSFET Car Amplifier
- 100 W MAX Power @ 2 Ohm x 4 Channels
- 50 W MAX Power @ 4 Ohm x 4 Channels
- Not Bridgeable
- Full-Range, Class A / B Topology, MOSFET Power Supply
- Low and High Level Inputs, Variable Filter
Power up your music on the trails with the Boss Audio Riot R1004 4 Channel Class A/B Amplifier. This 2-Ohm stable Amplifier features 400 Watts Max Power with a MOSFET power supply to get your music in gear. Amplifiers in the Riot Series are...
BOSS Audio BRS5768 80 Watt, 5 x 7 / 6 x 8 Inch Duo-Fit, Full Range, Replacement Car Speaker (Sold individually)
- Impedance: 4 Ohms, Frequency Response: 100 Hz - 18 kHz, Sensitivity: 84 dB
- Cone: Polypropylene, Voice Coil: 1 Inch Aluminum
- Surround: Foam, Basket: Stamped
- Dimensions: Depth 8.6" x Width 5.5" x Height 2.2", Weight Per Pair: 1.5 Lbs.
- 3 Year Platinum Online Dealer Warranty
The BRS5768 full range 5" x 7"replacement speakers are designed so that you are also able to use them in a 6" x 8" application. They are sold per piece instead of the typical pair. So if you only need one, you can purchase just one.