- Raspberry Pi 3: Could a $35 Raspberry Pi replace your PC?
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Overview & Setup | RS Components
- Low End Tech – Cheap Desktop PC Raspberry Pi 2 using Raspbian Jessie
- Raspberry Pi: PIXEL Desktop
- Getting Started With The Raspberry Pi 3
- Setting Up Raspberry Pi2 and remote desktop
- Raspberry Pi 2 Windows 10 Install – It’s not what you think
- NOOBS: The Easiest Raspberry Pi Setup
- Raspberry Pi: The Tech Spec!
- Raspberry Pi 3B Review – Is Raspbian Linux a real, practial desktop computer?
All-New Raspberry Pi 2 Model B
- The Raspberry Pi 2 Model B is the second generation Raspberry Pi. It replaced the original Raspberry Pi 1 Model B+ in February 2015. Compared to the Raspberry Pi 1 it has:
- A 900MHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 CPU
- 1GB RAM
Like the (Pi 1) Model B+, it also has:
- 4 USB ports
- 40 GPIO pins
- Full HDMI port
- Ethernet port
- Combined 3.5mm audio jack and composite video
- Camera interface (CSI)
- Display interface (DSI)
- Micro SD card slot
- VideoCore IV 3D graphics core
Because it has an ARMv7 processor, it can run the full range of ARM GNU/Linux distributions, including Snappy Ubuntu Core, as well as Microsoft Windows 10 (see the blog for more information).
The Raspberry Pi 2 has an identical form factor to the previous (Pi 1) Model B+ and has complete compatibility with Raspberry Pi 1.
We recommend the Raspberry Pi 2 Model B for use in schools: it offers more flexibility for learners than the leaner (Pi 1) Model A+, which is more useful for embedded projects and projects which require very low power.