What does an activity tracker do?
Activity trackers come in many styles and can improve your overall wellness by tracking your activity, fitness levels, sleep, and calorie consumption. By understanding these trends, users can monitor and adjust behaviors that influence overall health and well-being.
How does it work?
Most activity trackers monitor every detail of your day with sophisticated motion sensors. Activity trackers can automatically sync your information to PCs, Macs, and select Bluetooth 4.0/Bluetooth Smart Ready devices. Depending on the model, sensors will detect walking, twitches during sleep, and even heart rate. Data from these events is transmitted to a smartphone or computer via a Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connection. Whether you’re interested in your sleep quality or the number of calories burned canoeing, data from these events is literally at your fingertips with the tracker’s companion smartphone app.
How is an activity tracker different from a smart watch?
Although, in some instances, both devices can tell time, activity trackers are primarily dedicated to monitoring biometric data and physical activity. Smart watches leap beyond fitness, enabling users to check email, answer calls, and much more. Besides differences in function, activity trackers come in different forms; some of which include bands, necklaces, and inserts.
What about compatibility?
Customers should consider two factors before making a purchase: operating system (OS) and Bluetooth version. Typically, activity trackers are designed to work with a specific OS, such as Android or Apple iOS. Selecting a tracker compatible with both operating systems is wise if you’re undecided about your future smartphone. Additionally, certain trackers are only compatible with a particular version of Bluetooth. For example the UP24 by Jawbone is designed to work with devices that support Bluetooth 4.0 or higher. You can learn more about compatibility in the “Product Features and Technical Details” section of each product page.
Shop all activity trackers
Best Selling Activity Trackers on Amazon
- Heart Rate & Sleep Monitoring: Tracks real-time heart rate automatically & continuously and automatically tracks your sleep duration & consistency with comprehensive analysis of sleep quality data, helping you adjust yourself for a healthier...
- Use built-in GPS to see your pace and distance on screen during outdoor runs, rides, hikes and more and see a workout intensity map in the app that shows your heart rate changes along your route
- Heart Rate & Sleep Monitoring: Letscom fitness tracker tracks real-time heart rate automatically & continuously during exercise and resting; automatically tracks your sleep duration and wakes you up peacefully with a silent alarm
- Utilize 24/7 heart rate to more accurately track calorie burn, resting heart rate & heart rate zones during workouts
- 【Heart Rate & Sleep Monitoring】：Measuring your heart rate on every 1 / 2 / 6 / 12 hour automatically, and you can also set up real-time heart rate tracking or manually tracking once you set it up in the app. Also support automatic sleep...
- Health and Fitness Tracker: Track your steps, distance travelled, calories burned. You can wake up your pedometer watch by simply lifting your wrist. Sedentary reminders are able to give you periodic prompts to stay active and lead a healthier...
- All-day Activity Tracking: Accurately record all-day activities like steps, distance, calories burned, active minutes and sleep status and with 14 sports modes, it helps you better understand each sport.
- Walkerfit Service: WalkerFit provides 30 days full refund and 12 months brand new replacement service for any quality issues, please feel free to contact our 24/7-customer service.
- Track all day activity, including steps, distance, hourly activity, active minutes and calories burned
- Better measure calorie burn, understand resting heart rate & more with 24/7 heart rate tracking and a battery life of up to 7 days (varies with use and other factors); Charge time (0 to100 percent) 2 hours