Amazon is expected to acquire Ring, makers of video doorbell for 1 Billion US Dollars, to get more involved in home security market. Amazon is planning to integrate Ring products with Amazon Alexa and its own Amazon Echo devices. “
Ring is committed to our mission to reduce crime in neighborhoods by providing effective yet affordable home security tools to our neighbors that make a positive impact on our homes, our communities, and the world,” a Ring spokesperson said in a statement. “We’ll be able to achieve even more by partnering with an inventive, customer-centric company like Amazon. We look forward to being a part of the Amazon team as we work toward our vision for safer neighborhoods.”
Ring makes WiFi enabled doorbells equipped with cameras. When someone is at the door, a motion detector built in the camera, detects that motion and notifies users on their tablets or smartphones through the Ring app which lets them see and talk to the person at the door, from anywhere in the world.
Ring CEO and Chief Inventor James Siminoff appeared on the show Shark Tank in 2013 to raise money for his product, which was called Doorbot. Since then Ring has raised more than $209 million, according to CrunchBase. Ring counts Virgin CEO Richard Branson as an investor.
“Ring’s home security products and services have delighted customers since day one,” an Amazon spokesperson said in a statement. “We’re excited to work with this talented team and help them in their mission to keep homes safe and secure.”
Last year Amazon unveiled the Amazon Cloud Cam, its own security camera, and an Amazon Key app that works with smart locks to let Amazon Prime members give house cleaners, package delivery companies and other providers access to their homes. Amazon sells the Amazon Key In-Home Kit, which includes an Amazon Cloud Cam and a compatible smart lock, for $249.99.
- Stay connected 24/7 - Catch activities as they happen in 1080p Full HD. Watch, download, and share the last 24 hours of motion alert video clips for free.
- Notifications - Get notified when Cloud Cam sees activity. Check in anytime or watch motion clips on the Cloud Cam mobile app or at cloudcam.amazon.com.
- See clearly in the dark - Night vision lets you detect what's happening around the clock. Turn on/off night vision LEDs in the Cloud Cam App.
- Two-way audio - Check in with the family or tell your dog to stop barking.
- 30-day free trial of any Cloud Cam subscription - Get intelligent alerts and advanced features like person detection, Zones, and see up to 30 days of video history.
What is Ring Video Doorbell
Ring Video Doorbell lets you watch over your home and answer the door from your phone, tablet and pc. Ring Doorbell comes with adjustable motion sensors, so you can focus on the most important areas of your yard.
When anyone triggers your motion sensors or presses your doorbell, you’ll get an alert on your phone, tablet and pc. Answer the alert, and you can see, hear and speak to people at your door from anywhere.
With Ring, you can also use live view to get on-demand streaming video and two-way audio, so you can check-in on your property at anytime. And with its built-in night vision sensors and weather-resistant design, you can protect your home around the clock – day or night.
You’ll also get a free 30-day trial of Ring video recording, so you can save, review and share your videos at anytime with anyone. Video Doorbell 2 comes with an innovative quick-release rechargeable battery pack, so you can charge your doorbell without moving the device.
With two interchangeable faceplates included in your purchase, you can even pick a finish that matches your home and your style. And with the complimentary tool kit and setup guide, you’ll have your Video Doorbell installed in minutes. No matter where you are, whether you’re on vacation halfway across the world, or just too busy with the kids upstairs, Ring lets you answer the door from anywhere.
- See, hear and speak to anyone at your door from your smartphone, tablet or PC.
- Get instant alerts when visitors press your Doorbell or trigger the built-in motion sensors.
- Watch over your home in crystal-clear HD video. Dimensions : 4.98 x 2.43 x 87 inches
- Protect your home - day or night - with infrared night vision.
- Communicate with visitors via two-way audio with noise cancellation.
Ring Video Doorbell 2 Features
Get next-level security and convenience with the all-new Video Doorbell 2. Armed with motion-activated alerts, 1080HD video and two-way talk, Ring lets you watch over your home and answer the door from anywhere. Day or night – you’re always home. Ring is a complete security system for your home.
Rechargeable battery pack
Wide-angle camera lens
Adjustable motion sensors
Lifetime purchase protection
Ring Doorbell Recording
Ring Video Recording lets you get the most out of your Video Doorbell, so you can review all your events at anytime and share videos with anyone. Pay per camera with Basic, or add unlimited cameras with Protect.
Works on Any Home
Runs off its internal battery pack, or connects to doorbell wiring for non-stop power.
Advanced Motion Detection
Adjust your motion sensors to find the ideal setting for you and your home.
Security in Your Hands
Get alerts on your phone, tablet and PC when people come to your door.
- Best Whole Home Wi-fi System Deals 2018
- Introducing Canary: The All-in-One Home Security Device
- Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ Release Date, Features, Price & Latest Updates
- Best On Ear Headphones for 2018
- Best Noise Cancelling Headphones for 2018
- Best Wireless Headphones for 2018
- Best Robot Vacuum ECOVACS DEEBOT N79S Sold Exclusively on Amazon
- Best Headphones for 2018
- Best Coffee Makers for 2018
- Newatch Wearable Hybrid Smartwatch