ASUS today announced the ASUS Windows Mixed Reality Headset at CES 2018, the futuristic innovation that lets users explore exciting new virtual worlds. Its unique and innovative design, featuring a beautiful 3D pattern and a comfy weight-balanced construction with premium antibacterial cushioned materials, means it’s not only stylish but also supremely cool and comfortable for extended periods of exploration.
Unlike other headsets, the ASUS Windows Mixed Reality Headset doesn’t need any external sensors, making initial setup incredibly easy — users will be ready to play in less than 10 minutes. What’s more, the headset supports over 20,000 Windows apps and more than 2,000 Steam® VR titles, so users can watch immersive 360° videos, play games like never before or get on with important work or school projects. And importantly, the headset is also compatible with a wide range of affordable PCs. The ASUS Windows Mixed Reality Headset is the revolutionary, easy-to-use and affordable way for users to explore their imaginations.
Unique and futuristic design, featuring a beautiful 3D pattern
The beautiful and futuristic design of the ASUS Windows Mixed Reality Headset is inspired by the Windows Mixed Reality experience, which combines the thrill of virtual reality (VR) with a phenomenal sense of presence, delivering experiences that are truly exhilarating. ASUS designers used this inspiration and technology normally used to create digital architecture to produce a pattern of hundreds of 3D polygons, resulting in a unique, modern and revolutionary new style. The headset is then finished in a tone-on-tone effect, keeping users stylish whatever world they’re exploring.
Convenient design with a flippable hinge
The ASUS Windows Mixed Reality Headset has a friendly and convenient design, allowing users to switch between the virtual and real worlds in seconds. Users can simply lift the visor for a temporary reality check, and flip it back down to instantly immerse themselves in the virtual world again.
Comfortable and ultralight balanced-crown design
The comfortable weight-balanced construction of the ASUS Windows Mixed Reality Headset allows extended periods of exploring without fatigue. It’s ultralight — weighing less than 400g — and the special balanced-crown design puts the majority of the weight on the forehead and back of the skull, where it’s better supported. This relives the pressure on the nose and face, meaning users won’t suffer from ‘VR face’.
Premium soft materials for users’ comfort
The ASUS Windows Mixed Reality Headset is constructed from premium soft materials, specially chosen for users’ comfort. These quick-drying, antibacterial materials help keep users cool and collected, so they can fully relax and enjoy the mixed-reality experience.
Quick and simple 10-minute setup
Unlike competitors’ products no external sensors are needed. Instead, two built-in front-facing tracking cameras with six-degrees-of-freedom (6DoF) position tracking, and 32 LED lights on each controller allow the ASUS Windows Mixed Reality Headset to map a user’s environment, and track their movements and controllers seamlessly.
The headset contains multiple sensors — gyroscope, accelerometer and magnetometer — that determine the user’s orientation, and thanks to its phenomenal inside-out tracking design, virtual and physical worlds will be perfectly synced, and free of latency or distortion.
What’s more, as no external sensors are needed, initial setup takes less than 10 minutes, and after initial setup users can simply plug in and play. It also means users aren’t confined to their desk, chair or even room. They can enjoy an exhilarating mixed-reality experience wherever their laptop goes.
Vivid and immersive 3K visuals
The ASUS Windows Mixed Reality Headset delivers crystal-clear visuals, thanks to a 3K (2880 x 1440) resolution display and up to a 90Hz refresh rate. The incredible resolution lets users enjoy an incredibly interactive and truly immersive mixed-reality experience.
Windows Mixed Reality app support
As users will discover when they start their adventures in the Cliff House — the virtual portal to all mixed-reality experiences — the ASUS Windows Mixed Reality Headset is capable of more than just virtual reality. From Cliff House, users can discover mixed-reality apps such as HoloTour that allow them to explore breathtaking places like the mysterious Machu Picchu high in the Andes, or experience the beauty of Rome from a balloon.
Over 20,000 Windows apps and more than 2,000 Steam® VR titles are available, allowing users to immerse themselves in incredible content, watch 360° videos or movies in vivid, captivating detail, experience games such as Minecraft® or Superhot VR like never before, or get productive and complete their important work or school projects.
More CES 2018 News:
- Razer Project Linda: Android Laptop/Phone Hybrid Wins 20 Awards at CES 2018
- Announcing ASUS Windows Mixed Reality Headset – CES 2018
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Showcases Latest Gaming Gear at CES 2018
- Intelligent Vision-Based Robot Plays Scrabble at CES 2018
- ESCORT Unveils the MAX 360c Radar Detector at CES 2018
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces ROG Swift PG65 Big Format Gaming..
- MyKronoz Announces ZeTime Hybrid Smartwatch at CES 2018
- Cleer Space Smart Home Speaker with Alibaba AI Voice Service support…
- WiZ Announces Lifestyle Smart Lights Feature at CES 2018
- iDevices Instinct Embeds Amazon Alexa Into Walls
- Samsung Debuts Next Generation Refrigerator at CES 2018
- Ujet Launches New Generation Electric Scooter
- What’s New at CES 2018 – Artificial Intelligence, Sports Tech, Smart…
- Samsung Unveils “The Wall” – World’s First 146″ Modular MicroLED…
- Quantum Storey Introduces Virtual Reality VR Books at CES 2018
- Belkin Unveils New Wireless Charging and Mobile Power Accessories at CES…
- LG’s First 4K UHD Projector To Debut At CES 2018
- Qoobi Will Showcase Innovative High-end Music Device at CES 2018
- XDynamics to Demonstrate its Latest Drone Technologies at CES 2018
- TwoEyes Tech, 360-degree virtual reality CES 2018
- CINEMOOD Will Introduce New Portable Cinema Projectors at CES 2018
- The New Samsung Notebook 9 Pen (2018)
- Tanita Body Composition 3D Element App to Be Unveiled at CES…
- SmartBeings Partners with Telecom Companies to Bring WooHoo into Homes Everywhere
- Peraso Demos Cutting-Edge Virtual Reality at CES 2018
- CES 2018 Draws an Array of Industry Leaders and Visionaries
- New fitness and health devices using Movesense to be featured at CES 2018
- YI Technology to Unveil New Artificial Intelligence and Virtual Reality Cameras
You may like: