Shopping for a New Monitor
How are you planning to use your monitor? Answer that question, and you’ll be well on your way to finding one that’s perfect for you.
For tasks like e-mail, social media, surfing the Web and paying bills online, you probably don’t need a high-performance monitor with lots of extra features. Many lower-priced monitors are available, and you don’t have to settle for a small screen. Even average-sized monitors (23″-24″) with Full HD are probably more affordable than you think.
Monitors for multipurpose use provide the display quality and performance you need for everyday activities, like streaming music and movies, sharing photos and slideshows, videoconferencing and creating spreadsheets. An LED or IPS monitor (see Display Types section) with Full HD resolution works well for multipurpose use. If you get a larger monitor (27″ and up) or touchscreen monitor, it can double as your home entertainment center.
Photographers, graphic designers, video production artists and other multimedia professionals need a monitor designed for content creation. This means a larger screen with at least Full HD or Quad HD resolution for more screen space and highly detailed images. Also, you can’t go wrong with an IPS panel with its deep blacks, accurate colors and wide viewing angles. If you’re editing movies and videos, look for a monitor with a response time of 5ms or less, to reduce motion blur and ghosting, a faint trail left on the screen from previous images. You might also consider getting an adjustable stand or dual-display mount for easy, ergonomic viewing.
Gamers need a monitor that can keep up with the speed and intensity of today’s games. We recommend at least Full HD resolution, a response time of 5ms or faster, a refresh rate 60Hz or faster, and a horizontal viewing angle of 178° or more. If you enjoy dual boxing, add a second monitor to your gaming setup for a great view of each character’s screen at the same time.
Acer SB220Q bi 21.5" Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS Ultra-Thin Zero Frame Monitor (HDMI & VGA Port)
- 21.5" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen IPS Display
- AMD Radeon FreeSync Technology
- Refresh Rate: 75Hz - Using HDMI Port
- Zero-Frame Design | Ultra-Thin | 4ms Response Time | IPS Panel
- Ports: 1 x HDMI & 1 x VGA
The Acer SB220Q bi 21.5" Widescreen LCD IPS display combines stylish ultra-thin functionality with amazing 1920 x 1080 resolution, allowing you to enjoy High-Definition entertainment in the comfort of your home. Incredible 100,000,000:1 contrast...
Acer R240HY bidx 23.8-Inch IPS HDMI DVI VGA (1920 x 1080) Widescreen Monitor
$109.99 in stock
- 23.8" Full HD IPS Widescreen with 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Response Time: 4ms, Refresh Rate: 60Hz, Pixel Pitch: 0.2745mm. 178 Degree Wide Viewing Angle, Display Colors: 16.7M
- The zero-frame design provides maximum visibility of the screen from edge-to-edge.
- Signal Inputs: 1 X HDMI, 1 x DVI (w/HDCP) & 1 x VGA. Does not support HDCP 2.2, the version this monitor supports is HDCP 1.4
- No picture visible using the osd menu, adjust brightness and contrast to maximum or reset to their default settings. Brightness is 250 nit
The Acer R Series 23.8" wide viewing IPS display shows every detail clearly and vivid without color difference from any viewing angle. Its zero frame design puts no boundary on your visual enjoyment while the brushed hairline finish stand matches...
Sceptre E248W-19203R 24" Ultra Thin 75Hz 1080p LED Monitor 2X HDMI VGA Build-in Speakers, Metallic Black 2018
$98.18 in stock
1 used from $ 159.00
- 24" Ultra slim profile
- Contemporary sleek metallic design
- Slim bezel with thin chassis
- 2 x HDMI Ports (convertible to DVI)
- VESA wall mount ready. HDMI Input Signal Support - 1920 x 1080 @ 75Hz, 1080/60p, 1080/60i, 720p, 480p, 480i, Built-in Speakers - 2 x 2W 8 Ohm
Whether you are a gamer or a movie buff, the Sceptre E248W-19203R monitor is the way to go. 1080P resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels) delivers stunning color and picture detail on a 22 inch screen. A 5 millisecond response time displays action...
HP 23.8-inch FHD IPS Monitor with Tilt/Height Adjustment and Built-in Speakers (VH240a, Black)
$109.99 in stock
3 used from $ 216.00
- Monitor: 23.8-inch diagonal Full HD (1920x1080) micro-edge IPS; An ultra-wide viewing experience provides for seamless multi-monitor set-ups
- Resolution and aspect ratio: Full HD and 16:9; 2 million pixels for crystal-clear visuals and vibrant image quality. Brightness: 250 cd/m2, Supports 100 mm standard VESA pattern mount
- Response time and refresh rate: 5ms and 60Hz; Get a smooth picture that looks crisp and fluid without motion blur
- Ports: HDMI, VGA, and HDCP support help you stay connected. Response time : 14 ms on/off (typical). 7 ms gray to gray with overdrive
- Audio: integrated speakers; Get great audio built right in from the integrated speakers
Experience a striking view from all angles on the virtually borderless HP VH240a 23.8-inch display incorporating an ergonomic stand, built-in speakers and ultra-slim design at a competitively low price point.
HP Pavilion 21.5-Inch IPS LED HDMI VGA Monitor (22cwa)
6 used from $ 90.18
- Monitor: 21.5-inch diagonal Full HD (1920x1080) IPS; Enjoy vibrant images with 178-degree wide-viewing angles
- Resolution and aspect ratio: Full HD and 16:9; 2 million pixels for crystal-clear visuals and vibrant image quality
- Response time: 7ms with overdrive; Get a smooth picture that looks crisp and fluid without motion blur.Brightness - 250 nits.Static contrast ratio- Up to 1000:1. Dynamic contrast ratio- Up to 8,000,000:1
- Ports: VGA, HDMI, and HDCP support help you stay connected;Power Consumption: 20 Watt
- Environmental features: Mercury-free LED backlighting, Arsenic-free monitor glass, and the low halogen design promote energy efficiency
It's time for a monitor that's worthy of your family's content. When you're looking for the best specs at the right price, the 21.5" diagonal full HD display delivers with trusted HP performance and an all new sleek design.
Samsung LC27F398FWNXZA Samsung C27F398 27" Curved Monitor
$179.99 in stock
22 used from $ 133.50
- Industry leading 1800R screen curvature for immersive viewing
- Slim design with high glossy black finish and innovative T-shaped stand
- Rapid 4ms response time for a clear picture during fast moving scenes
- Color gamut (NTSC 1976): 72%, brightness- minimum : 200cd/m2. Windows Compatible : Windows 10. Outputs: Audio / Headphone (3.5mm)
- Product Dimensions Without Stand :24.5" x 14.5" x 3.2";With Stand :24.5" x 18.4" x 9.6"
1800R curved monitor with 3000:1 contrast ratio provides a truly immersive viewing experience. . Featuring a glossy black finish and simple stand, the monitor boasts AMD FreeSync and Game Mode technology which allows users to enjoy smooth images,...
Sceptre 27" Curved 75Hz LED Monitor C278W-1920R Full HD 1080P HDMI DisplayPort VGA Speakers, Ultra Thin Metal Black, 1800R immersive Curvature, 2018
$160.00 in stock
2 used from $ 295.00
- 27" curved LED FHD monitor. OS Compatibility- Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, macOS High Sierra, macOS Sierra, OS X El Capitan
- 1800R immersive curvature (very curved)
- HDMI, DisplayPort, VGA and speakers
- Fast response time 5ms
- View angle: 178˚ (horizontal)/ 178˚ (vertical)
DISPLAY IS UNCLEAR AND UNSTABLE To stabilize and clarify your display, use the AUTO ADJUST function or change the resolution to the display’s optimal setting 1920 x1080 at 60Hz, then AUTO ADJUST . THERE IS NO LED DISPLAY or SCREEN SAYS NO SIGNAL...
Sceptre E205W-1600 20" 75Hz Ultra Thin LED Monitor HDMI VGA Build-in Speakers, Metallic Black (2018 version)
$69.99 in stock
2 used from $ 68.59
- True 16:9 Resolution 1600 x 900
- High Contrast Ratio: 5,000,000: 1.20 inches LED HD+ Monitor (19.5 inches Diagonal corner to corner). Dimensions With Stand (Inches) 18.01 x 7.02 x13.57 (inches). Without stand (inch) 18.01 x 1.32 x 10.43(inches)
- HDMI, DVI or VGA Input. Power Range :100 - 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 1.1A (Max.)
- Build in dual Speakers. Signal compatibility : Digital Signal Frequency 30 - 80 kHz (Horizontal) / 60 - 75 kHz (Vertical)
- VESA Wall Mount Ready. OS Compatibility- Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, macOS High Sierra, macOS Sierra, OS X El Capitan
Whether you are a gamer or a movie buff, the Sceptre e205w-1600 monitor is the way to go. 1600 x 900 resolution delivers vivid colors and sharp images on a 19.5” diagonal corner to corner inch screen. A 5 millisecond response time displays action...
Acer G276HL Kbix 27" Full HD (1920 x 1080) VA Zero Frame Monitor (HDMI & VGA Ports)
1 used from $ 195.00
- 27" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen VA Monitor
- Response time: 4ms. Pixel Pitch: 0.311mm
- Vesa mount standard is 100 x 100
- Signal Inputs: 1 x HDMI & 1 x VGA. VGA cable included
- Panel technology is vertical alignment. Color supported is 16.7 million colors and brightness is 300 nit
Acer G276HL monitor sports a super-slim profile with an X-shaped stand that lets it fit nicely in spaces of any size. Outstanding performance, eco-friendliness and smart use of energy complement the sleek design - all while staying well within...
LG 32MA70HY-P 32-Inch Full HD IPS Monitor with Display Port and HDMI Inputs
$191.79 in stock
1 used from $ 186.93
- 32 inch full HD IPS monitor. Windows 10 Compatible
- Inputs: Display port, HDMI, d-sub
- On-Screen control of monitor settings.With Stand (WxHxD)(inches) 28.6 x 19.4 x 8.1. Without Stand (WxHxD)(inches) 28.6 x 16.9 x 3.7
- Screen Split 2.0 for multi-tasking. Video input - Signal input-15 pin D-SUB Connector,HDMI Connector. Input Form-RGB Analog (0.7 Vp-p/ 75 ohm),Digit
- Vesa-compatible for wall mounting. VESA Size (inches): 7.9 x 3.9
The LG 32MA70HY-P is the affordable high-performance monitor that professionals have been waiting for. The 32-inch class screen (31.5" measured diagonally) provides 75% more viewable area compared to a 24-inch monitor. The Full HD clarity, true...