Last Updated on September 11, 2021
Noise cancelling headphones are a great way to block out the rest of the world so you can focus on what is most important: your music. There are many different styles and options, but we’ve curated a list of 10 of our favorite noise-cancelling models for various needs and price points. Whether you’re looking for something sleek and compact like the Sony MDR-1000X or need something more sturdy like the Bose QuietComfort 35, we have it all.
The Best Noise Cancelling Headphones
Our editors have compiled a list of the best noise cancelling headphones on the market today. Here is an updated list of the best noise cancelling headphones.
- DIGITAL NOISE CANCELATION: Industry leading noise canceling eliminates distracting background noises
- SMART LISTENING: Quickly detects your activity to automatically adjust the ambient sounds you hear
- QUICK ATTENTION MODE: Cover the right ear cup to turn down your music for instant, easy conversation
- Three levels of world-class noise cancellation for better listening experience in any environment
- Alexa-enabled for voice access to music, information, and more
- Noise-rejecting dual-microphone system for clear sound and voice pick-up
- High-performance wireless noise cancelling headphones in matte black
- Compatible with iOS and Android devices.
- Pure adaptive noise canceling (pure ANC) actively blocks external noise
- Bluetooth 4.0 and aptX technologies to deliver exceptional wireless sound quality..Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- NoiseGard active noise cancellation to reduce ambient noise levels improving the listening experience
- Intuitive ear cup mounted controls for changing tracks and for making calls via the integrated microphone. Frequency response (Microphone) : 100 10,000 Hz
- Bowers & Wilkins PERFORMANCE - PX draws on decades of Bowers & Wilkins design experience to take you to the very heart of the music with its breath-taking performance
- ADAPTIVE NOISE CANCELLATION - Perfect sound anywhere - on a plane, in the street or in the office. The best adaptive noise cancelling headphones, customizable to your exact preference. Battery life- Up to 22 hours BT/ANC. Up to 29 hours BT/no ANC. Up to 33 hours ANC/wired. Up to 50 hours wired/no ANC
- FEEL MORE OF YOUR MUSIC - Built with the same drive units from our P9 Signature headphones, the PX provides optimized listening performance. We have also subtly angled the drivers to provide a more natural stereo perspective. Impedance: 22 ohms (passive)
- Audio Quality: Immersive, high res sound, and powerful speaker drivers deliver the right balance of rich bass, crisp highs, and natural mid tones for your music
- Active Noise Cancelling Headphones (ANC): Switch on active noise canceling (ANC) to minimize ambient noise while working or traveling
- 24 Hour Streaming: Enjoy up to 24 hours of wireless music, movies and calls before choosing the cabled connection or recharging. Sensitivity (dB SPL/1mW): 93. Impedance (Ohm): 32
- Bluetooth 4.2 wireless technology in an ergonomically designed lightweight, comfortable and collapsible travel headset perfect for travel. Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- NoiseGard adaptive noise cancellation ensures superior sound quality in every environment. Impedance:Active 490 Ohm/ Passive 46 Ohm
- Intuitive user control and convenience thanks for voice prompts, touch controls, NFC pairing, smart pause and automatic on/off
- Compact, foldable design : Flat and foldable, easily slip them into your bag. Plus, you can take them anywhere, thanks to a compact carrying case , Cable length 1.2 meter
- Active Noise Cancellation: Whether you’re listening to a book on your commute, catching some sleep on the plane or taking a call in a noisy café, you’ll hear only what you want
- Long-lasting battery: Get 15 hours of playback with both Bluetooth and Active Noise Cancellation turned on and up to 30 hours of playback with just ANC turned on; Bluetooth transmitter frequency range: 2402 − 2480MHz
- Built–In Microphone With Echo Cancellation Technology For Crystal Clear, Hands–Free Calls
- A Sleek Fold–Flat Design And A Premium, Hard Carrying Case Allow Maximum Portability And Protection
- Adaptive Noise Cancelling Over-Ear Bluetooth Headphones
- Noise Gard hybrid active noise cancellation blocks ambient noise using 4 microphones for ultimate isolation to dramatically improve sound quality in noisy environments. Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- 22 hour battery life with both Bluetooth and Noise Gard activated to ensure performance during long commutes or plane flights
- Technology uses 2 built in microphones working seamlessly to improve voice quality and remove external noise during phone calls
- Hear music at its best with Hi-Res Audio compatibility, Connect and stream music easily with Bluetooth, Focus on the music with Digital Noise Cancelling. Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- Listen smarter with Noise Cancelling that adapts to your surroundings, Let the beats flow with Beat Response Control
- Enjoy high-quality, hands-free calls, Long-listen comfort
What are noise cancelling headphones
Noise-cancelling headphones are headphones that reduce unwanted ambient sounds using active noise control. This is distinct from passive headphones which, if they reduce ambient sounds at all, use techniques such as soundproofing.
Why do you need noise cancelling headphones
Noise cancelling headphones makes it possible for you to listen to music clearly, filtering out other external sounds, so you don’t have to raise the volume excessively.
Great for travel, especially air travel. It can help you enjoy your flight or even sleep filtering out the plane engine noise, while you can still hear important announcement clearly and easily.
Noise cancelling headphones can improve listening enough to completely offset the effect of a distracting concurrent activity.
Noise cancelling headphones can also be used as sleeping aids. The use of these active and passive noise cancelling headphones helps to achieve better noise isolation from external sounds such as car honking or a snoring partner thus facilitating the ability to sleep.
How do noise cancelling headphones work
Noise cancelling headphones have built-in circuitry that emit out-of-phase sound waves to counteract exterior sound. These waves cancel out the incoming sound.
The Bottom Line
Noise-cancelling headphones are a great way to escape the hustle and bustle of the world around us. While they can be expensive, for those looking to get away from it all, noise cancelling is worth every penny. If you’re in need of some peace and quiet or just want to block out that annoying co-worker next door, these best noise cancelling headphones will do wonders for your comfort.
- Anker PowerCore II 10000 Power Bank Review
- All-new Kindle Paperwhite – Now Waterproof with 2x the Storage
- Amazon Kindle Oasis – The Ultimate Waterproof E-reader
- Best Headset for Video Conferencing 2020
- Bose QuietComfort 25 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones
Last update on 2022-05-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API