Listening to your music in high quality is a big part of enjoying your drive to the fullest. By replacing your factory speakers and adding a subwoofer, you can listen louder, with better clarity and a greater range of sound. Running these components through an amplifier ensures that they’re getting the power needed for optimal performance without distortion.
Car Speakers — After-market car speakers recreate your music’s vibrant highs and midranges. There are two types of car speakers, based on how the tweeters (responsible for highs) and woofers (for midranges) are housed:
Coaxial — Usually sold in pairs, coaxial speakers pack multiple components such as tweeters and woofers into each unit. They split the audio frequencies coming from your receiver multiple ways and direct them to each component. The number of ways the sound is split is a good indication of the clarity and detail your speakers will produce.
Component — At the higher end, component speakers are a separate unit for each tweeter and woofer, allowing you to place them in your car wherever you prefer for the best sound. Installing your tweeters near head level results in clearer highs.
Subwoofers — A subwoofer provides the deep, rich lows and bass that give your music an authentic depth of sound. Forget the idea that subwoofers are only for trunk-rattling, bass-heavy music: they can improve all genres of music. In fact, not all of them are housed in the trunk anymore. You now have the option of compact, game console-sized subs that can fit under a car seat and include a built-in amp, making installation easy.
Amplifiers — To wring every drop of sound quality possible out of your audio system (especially power-hungry subs), you’ll need an amplifier that can produce more power. Car amplifiers range from mono amps that power just one channel — usually a subwoofer — to up to five-channel amps.
Installation — Make sure that the speakers you choose will properly fit into the area of your car (door panels or rear window dash) you plan to install them. Similarly, traditional-sized subwoofers need to be housed in a fitted enclosure in your trunk for optimal sound. Amplifiers are smaller but still require wiring kits and adapters to connect with your speakers and subs. Geek Squad® can help you determine the perfect setup for your car, install it and ensure all components are connected properly.
Power Handling — Measured in watts, power handling capacity indicates the maximum power signal that a speaker or subwoofer can accept. Feeding a speaker more power than it can handle can damage the speaker, but many speakers with high power handling capacities actually require more power to sound their best. For best results, choose speakers that can handle approximately the maximum output of your receiver and amplifier. Peak power capacity indicates the maximum power your speakers can only handle for short bursts. More importantly, nominal power (RMS) is the amount of continuous power the speaker can handle throughout use.
Kicker 44DCWC122 12" 1200W Car Audio Subwoofer Sub Enclosure+Mono Amplifier Amp
- Kicker Dual 12 Inch 1200 watt vented subwoofer enclosure
- RMS power: 600 watts
- Max power: 1200 watts
- Impedance: 2 ohm
- Compact to use very little trunk space
We are an authorized Kicker dealer The Kicker 40DCWS122 12" loaded subwoofer enclosure features a MAX power of 1200 watts and a RMS power of 600 watts. Equipped with proven box construction and an impressive bold look, the dual enclosure offer a...
12" Car Audio Speaker Subwoofer - 1600 Watt High Power Bass Surround Sound Stereo Subwoofer Speaker System - Non Press Paper Cone, 90 dB, 40 Ohm, 60 oz Magnet, 2 Inch 4 Layer Voice Coil - Pyle PLPW12D
$40.79 in stock
- 1600 WATT POWER: This high powered subwoofer system has a maximum power output of 1600 watt / 800watt RMS for full range surround stereo sound reproduction and impressive bass response so you can play your favorite tracks as loud as you want
- BUILT TO LAST: Features non-fatiguing rubber suspension, specially designed rubber magnet boot, non-press cone, specially treated foam surround, along with bumped and vented motor construction that keeps your equipment safe for extended excursion
- DUAL 4 OHM IMPEDANCE: The audio projection subwoofer has 90 dB and dual 4 ohm impedance rating that compensates the undersized wire found in many of today's cars. It ultimately reduces distortion so you can enjoy a crisp and clear sound
- DUAL VOICE COIL: This complete subwoofer features 60 oz magnet structure and 2 inch 4 layer dual voice coil to enhance its performance and can handle higher operating temperatures. it also has spring loaded push down speaker terminals
- 12" STANDARD SIZE: Pyle easy to mount car speaker follows the standard size for most vehicle stereo system. It has a 5.1" mounting depth and 12.2" overall diameter. Perfect for new speaker construction or replacing worn / blown speakers
Pyle Model : PLPW12D
12'' Dual Voice Coil 4 Ohm Subwoofer
12'' 1600 Watt Dual Voice Coil 4 Ohm Subwoofer
Pyramid BNPS122 12"1200W Car Audio Subwoofer + Box + 1100W Mono Amp +Wiring Kit
- BRAND NEW PYRAMID Dual 12'' 1200 Watt Bandpass System w/Neon Accent Lighting
- Built In Neon Accent Lighting
- Two 12'' High Power 4 Ohm Sub Woofers
- Silver Polypropylene Cone
- Specially Treated Black Rubber Edge Suspension
This Package Includes: 1 x Pyramid 1200 Watt Loaded Subwoofer Enclosure (2 12" Subwoofers) 1 x 1100 Watt Monoblock Amplifier 1 x 8 Gauge Wiring Kit The Pyramid BNPS122 12" dual car audio subwoofers with bandpass enclosue features a MAX power...
JBL Stage 810 8" Car Audio Subwoofer
$58.95 in stock
- Power handling: 200Wrms, 800W peak
- Sensitivity (@2.83V): 88dB
- Frequency response: 38Hz - 200Hz
- Voice coil diameter: 1.5 in (38.8mm)
- Impedance: 4 ohms
Price leading JBL Stage car subwoofers were engineered to deliver high-output, low-distortion bass with power handling capability of up to 1000 watts peak power. (Available in three sizes-8" (200mm), 10" (250mm), 12" (300mm)-for every size...
Kicker 12-Inch 300W Power Car Audio Subwoofers Subs C124, Pair | 10C124
- Quantity: 2 subwoofers
- 300 Watt MAX (600 Watt pair)
- 150 Watt RMS (300 Watt pair)
- Impedance: Single 4 Ohm
- Sensitivity: 88.3 dB
The Kicker 10C124 12" 300W 4-Ohm COMP Car Audio Subwoofer pair is the best balance between high value and high performance available in today's round-subwoofer market. It features the stiffest injection-molded cone with flex-killing, 36-degree...
2) NEW Kenwood KFC-W3016PS 12" 4000 WATT Car Audio Subwoofers Subs Woofers 4 Ohm
- Bundle Includes: You will receive, 1 PAIR a total of two speakers.
- 2 X Kenwood KFC-W3016PS 12" 4 Ohm Performance Series Car Subwoofers with 2000 Watt Peak / 400 Watt RMS
- 12" Performance Series Car Subwoofer - Polypropylene Cone Woofer with Diamond Array Pattern
- Dual Ventilation System - 8 AWG Speaker Wire Capable - Long Stroke Structure
- Power Handling: 50-400 watts RMS, EACH - Peak Power Handling: 2000 watts, EACH - Frequency Response: 27-300 Hz
Sound Technology - Low frequency output has been improved by increasing the cone area without changing the cutout diameter. By adopting a "Stress-free Spider" and a "Thermal Efficient System" the mechanical and thermal durability has also been...
Rockville W12K9D2 12" 4000w Car Audio Subwoofer Dual 2-Ohm Sub CEA Compliant
- Rockville W12K9D2 K9 Series 12" Dual 2-Ohm Car Subwoofer. Peak Power Handling: 4000 Watts. Program Power Handling: 2000 Watts. CEA Rated RMS Power Handling: 1000 Watts.
- 3" 4-Layer Black Aluminum Voice Coils Wound with OFC (100% Copper) Wire Made in Japan. The CCAW Wire we use is made in Japan. It is one of the most important components to make the sub high quality and last longer.
- Double Stacked 190 Oz High Quality Magnet. Cast Aluminum Basket With Black Sanded Finish Makes This Sub Very Efficient And Lighter Weight. Black Non-Pressed Paper Cone With Beautiful Finish.
- Our cones are ultra-stiff. They are thicker and stronger than other subs on the market making our subs able to handle more power. Thick Foam Surround Provides Incredible Sound Quality With Minimal Distortion.
- Red Stitching Cone Reinforcement Ensures Long Life. Polypropylene (PP) Dustcap. Impedance: Dual 2-Ohm Voice Coils. Vented Hole on T-yoke Enhances Heat Dissipation.
Rockville W12K9D2 K9 Series 12" Dual 2-Ohm Car Subwoofer
Peak Power Handling: 4000 Watts
Program Power Handling: 2000 Watts
CEA Rated RMS Power Handling: 1000 Watts
3" 4-Layer Black Aluminum Voice Coils Wound with OFC (100% Copper) Wire...
Infinity Kappa 1200W 12" 1200 Watt Car Audio Subwoofer
- Power rating:
- Peak: 2000 watts
- RMS: 500 watts
Infinity Kappa 1200W 12" 1200 Watt Car Audio Subwoofer
Planet Audio AC12D 1800 Watt, 12 Inch, Dual 4 Ohm Voice Coil Car Subwoofer
- CONE: Made From Polypropylene, The AC12D 12 Inch Car Subwoofer Provides a Resilient And Durable Material That Can Offer Great Sound With The Advantage Of Long Lasting Subwoofers
- VOICE COIL: Our Voice Coils Are Able To Withstand High Temperatures Yet Maintain Its Strength And Fatigue Properties. Making Our Voice Coils With This Material, Gives Our Speakers The Advantage Of Longer Pay Times With Lower Weights
- SURROUND: Foam is very flexible, providing the subwoofer with higher efficiency. This also translates to better excursion. (How far the cone of a speaker linearly travels from its resting position).
- STAMPED BASKET: A Die-cast frame can absorb and transfer much of the energy produced by the speaker. It has good corrosion resistance, good mechanical property, high thermal and electrical conductivity and retains strength at high temperatures.
- SPECIFICATIONS: Resonant Frequency - 32 Hz, Sensitivity SPL (1W/1m) - 88 Db
Power Handling (Peak): 1800W. Power Handling (Continuous): 900W. Frequency Response: 23Hz-3kHz. Efficiency (1 Watt/1 Meter): 96dB. Impedance: 4 Ohm. Voice Coil Former: 2". Mounting Depth: 5-3/8".
Rockville RW10CA 10" 800 Watt Slim Low Profile Active Powered Car Subwoofer Sub
$117.28 in stock
1 used from $ 106.90
- Rockville RW10CA 800 Watt 10" Slim Car Subwoofer.
- 800 Watts Peak / 200 Watts RMS. PWM MOSFET Power Supply.
- Low Level RCA Input. High Level Inputs with Auto Turn-On Technology.
- Adjustable Input Sensitivity. Soft Delayed Remote Turn-On.
- Thermal Protection Circuit, Short Protection Circuit.
The RW10CA is an all in one solution to give you great sounding bass in your vehicle without taking up a ton of space. This sub enclosure is only 2.7"" thick so that it can easily fit under your seat. The amplifier is built in, so installation...