Listening to your music in high quality is a big part of enjoying your drive to the fullest. By replacing your factory speakers and adding a subwoofer, you can listen louder, with better clarity and a greater range of sound. Running these components through an amplifier ensures that they’re getting the power needed for optimal performance without distortion.
Car Speakers — After-market car speakers recreate your music’s vibrant highs and midranges. There are two types of car speakers, based on how the tweeters (responsible for highs) and woofers (for midranges) are housed:
Coaxial — Usually sold in pairs, coaxial speakers pack multiple components such as tweeters and woofers into each unit. They split the audio frequencies coming from your receiver multiple ways and direct them to each component. The number of ways the sound is split is a good indication of the clarity and detail your speakers will produce.
Component — At the higher end, component speakers are a separate unit for each tweeter and woofer, allowing you to place them in your car wherever you prefer for the best sound. Installing your tweeters near head level results in clearer highs.
Subwoofers — A subwoofer provides the deep, rich lows and bass that give your music an authentic depth of sound. Forget the idea that subwoofers are only for trunk-rattling, bass-heavy music: they can improve all genres of music. In fact, not all of them are housed in the trunk anymore. You now have the option of compact, game console-sized subs that can fit under a car seat and include a built-in amp, making installation easy.
Amplifiers — To wring every drop of sound quality possible out of your audio system (especially power-hungry subs), you’ll need an amplifier that can produce more power. Car amplifiers range from mono amps that power just one channel — usually a subwoofer — to up to five-channel amps.
Installation — Make sure that the speakers you choose will properly fit into the area of your car (door panels or rear window dash) you plan to install them. Similarly, traditional-sized subwoofers need to be housed in a fitted enclosure in your trunk for optimal sound. Amplifiers are smaller but still require wiring kits and adapters to connect with your speakers and subs. Geek Squad® can help you determine the perfect setup for your car, install it and ensure all components are connected properly.
Power Handling — Measured in watts, power handling capacity indicates the maximum power signal that a speaker or subwoofer can accept. Feeding a speaker more power than it can handle can damage the speaker, but many speakers with high power handling capacities actually require more power to sound their best. For best results, choose speakers that can handle approximately the maximum output of your receiver and amplifier. Peak power capacity indicates the maximum power your speakers can only handle for short bursts. More importantly, nominal power (RMS) is the amount of continuous power the speaker can handle throughout use.
Rockville SS8P 400w 8" Slim Under-Seat Active Powered Car/Truck Subwoofer Sub
$86.65 in stock
1 used from $ 81.74
- Rockville SS8P 8" 400w Slim Under-Seat Active Powered Car/Truck Subwoofer Sub.
- Enclosure is made out of cast aluminum which stays cool at all times.
- Peak Power Handling: 400 Watts. RMS Power Handling: 100 Watts. Heavy Duty Mounting Feet.
- PWM MOSFET Power Supply. Low Level RCA Input. High Level Inputs with Auto Turn-On Technology.
- Adjustable Input Sensitivity. Soft Delayed Remote Turn-On. Thermal Protection Circuit, Short Protection Circuit.
The SS8P is an all in one solution to give you great sounding bass in your vehicle without taking up a lot of space. This sub enclosure is only 2.8" thick so that it can easily fit under your seat. The amplifier is built in, so installation and...
Rockville RW10CA 10" 800 Watt Slim Low Profile Active Powered Car Subwoofer Sub
- Rockville RW10CA 800 Watt 10" Slim Car Subwoofer.
- 800 Watts Peak / 200 Watts RMS. PWM MOSFET Power Supply.
- Low Level RCA Input. High Level Inputs with Auto Turn-On Technology.
- Adjustable Input Sensitivity. Soft Delayed Remote Turn-On.
- Thermal Protection Circuit, Short Protection Circuit.
Rockville RW10CA 10" 800 Watts Peak/200 Watts RMS Slim Powered/Active Sealed Car Subwoofer With Bass Remote. Amplifier will not power up: Check to make sure you have a good ground connection, check that the Remote Input (Turn-On) has at least...
Pyramid BNPS122 12"1200W Car Audio Subwoofer + Box + 1500W Mono Amp + Amp Kit
- BRAND NEW PYRAMID Dual 12'' 1200 Watt Bandpass System w/Neon Accent Lighting
- Built In Neon Accent Lighting
- Two 12'' High Power 4 Ohm Sub Woofers
- Silver Polypropylene Cone
This Package Includes: 1 x Pyramid 1200 Watt Loaded Subwoofer Enclosure (2 12" Subwoofers) 1 x 1100 Watt Monoblock Amplifier 1 x 8 Gauge Wiring Kit The **Pyramid BNPS122** 12" dual car audio subwoofers with bandpass enclosue features a MAX power...
Planet Audio AC1500.1M Monoblock Car Amplifier - 1500 Watts Max Power, 2/4 Ohm Stable, Class A/B, Mosfet Power Supply, Remote Subwoofer Control
- POWER: Maximum Power Output of 1500 Watts at 2 Ohms into one channel. Maximum Power output of 750 Watts at 4 Ohms into one Channel. This amplifier is designed to run your subwoofer(s) giving them the power that they need to perform as they were meant to
- HIGH LEVEL INPUTS: Speaker level inputs are commonly referred to as high-level inputs. This input will be used to connect the AC1500.1M to your factory radio or aftermarket radio that does not have low-level (RCA) inputs.
- LOW LEVEL INPUTS: Line level inputs, also known as RCA inputs or low-level inputs, use RCA interconnect cables to link the AC1500.1M with the source unit. Most aftermarket radios have multiple pairs of RCA outputs that can connect to multiple amplifiers
- LOW-PASS CROSSOVER: A low-pass filter is an electronic circuit that removes all the notes below the filter's frequency setting. A low-pass filter will primarily keep high notes out of your subwoofer(s)
- VARIABLE BASS BOOST: Variable Bass Boost allows you to adjust the low bass within the boost range to just the way you like it
Break out the Bass with the Planet Audio Anarchy AC1500.1M Monoblock Class A/B Amplifier. This powerful 2-Ohm stable Amplifier features 1500 Watts Max Power with a MOSFET power supply to drive your tunes to the limit. Customize the sound with...
Rockville W12K9D2 12" 4000w Car Audio Subwoofer Dual 2-Ohm Sub CEA Compliant
- Rockville W12K9D2 K9 Series 12" Dual 2-Ohm Car Subwoofer. Peak Power Handling: 4000 Watts. Program Power Handling: 2000 Watts. CEA Rated RMS Power Handling: 1000 Watts.
- 3" 4-Layer Black Aluminum Voice Coils Wound with OFC (100% Copper) Wire Made in Japan. The CCAW Wire we use is made in Japan. It is one of the most important components to make the sub high quality and last longer.
- Double Stacked 190 Oz High Quality Magnet. Cast Aluminum Basket With Black Sanded Finish Makes This Sub Very Efficient And Lighter Weight. Black Non-Pressed Paper Cone With Beautiful Finish.
- Our cones are ultra-stiff. They are thicker and stronger than other subs on the market making our subs able to handle more power. Thick Foam Surround Provides Incredible Sound Quality With Minimal Distortion.
- Red Stitching Cone Reinforcement Ensures Long Life. Polypropylene (PP) Dustcap. Impedance: Dual 2-Ohm Voice Coils. Vented Hole on T-yoke Enhances Heat Dissipation.
Rockville W12K9D2 K9 Series 12" Dual 2-Ohm Car Subwoofer
Peak Power Handling: 4000 Watts
Program Power Handling: 2000 Watts
CEA Rated RMS Power Handling: 1000 Watts
3" 4-Layer Black Aluminum Voice Coils Wound with OFC (100% Copper) Wire...
Pioneer TS-WX1210A 12" Sealed enclosure active subwoofer with built-in amplifier
$129.00 in stock
- 1300W Max Single 12" Sealed Subwoofer Enclosure with Built-In Amplifier, Power Handling: Peak: 1300W / RMS: 350W, Preloaded with a single 12" Subwoofer, Built-in Class D amplifier, Sealed enclosure with carpet
- Subwoofer Features: Cellulose fiber cone, Urethane surround, Frequency Response: 20 - 125, Sensitivity: 114dB
- Amplifier Features: Class D amplifier, Cross Overs, 0-12dB Bass Boost, Remote knob included
- Enclosure Features: Carpet finish
12" Sealed enclosure active subwoofer with built-in amplifier
BOSS Audio Systems KIT2 8 Gauge Amplifier Installation Wiring Kit - A Car Amplifier Wiring Kit Helps You Make Connections and Brings Power to Your Radio, Subwoofers and Speakers
3 used from $ 12.99
- 20 Foot / 8 Gauge Red Power Cable, High Quality Competition Fuse Holder
- 3 Foot - 8 Gauge Black Ground Cable
- 16 Foot / 18 Gauge Blue Turn-On Wire, 30 Foot / 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
- 20 Foot High Performance RCA Interconnect, 6 Foot Split Loom Tubing
- (20) 4" Wire Ties, (3) Rubber Grommets
8 Gauge amplifier installation kit includes:
Skar Audio Dual 12" 2400W Loaded SDR Series Vented Subwoofer Enclosure | SDR-2X12D4
- SDR Series 12-inch Dual 4-ohm loaded Subwoofer Enclosure
- Peak Power: 2,400 Watts | RMS power: 1,200 Watts
- Pre-wired Internally for a 1 Ohm Final Impedance Load at the Terminals for an Easy Installation
- Custom Vented Enclosure Made of High Strength 5/8" MDF and Finished in Premium Black Carpeting
- Double Front Baffle (1.25") with Countersunk subwoofer design for Flush and Attractive Appearance
Skar Audio introduces the SDR-2X12D4 Dual 12-inch loaded Vented subwoofer enclosure to cater to the audiophile who wants a competition grade system in their Vehicle without all of the headache involved with designing it from the ground up. This...
2 New ROCKFORD FOSGATE R2D2-10 1000W 10" 2-Ohm Car Audio Subwoofers Subs R2D210
- NEW Pair **ROCKFORD FOSGATE R2D2 10** 1000 Watt 10" 2 Ohm Prime Series DVC Subwoofers
- Max power: 500 watts for each Sub (1000 watts for the pair)
- Rams power: 250 watts for each Sub (500 watts for the pair)
- Quantity: 2 subwoofers total
- Size: 10"
We are an authorized Rockford Fossae dealer! This Pair of **ROCKFORD FOSGATE R2D2 10** 1000 Watt 10" 2 Ohm Prime Series DVC Subwoofers deliver optimum Rockford Fossae sound quality. Each R2D2 10 subwoofer features a Mica injected polypropylene...
2) NEW Kenwood KFC-W3016PS 12" 4000 WATT Car Audio Subwoofers Subs Woofers 4 Ohm
- Bundle Includes: You will receive, 1 PAIR a total of two speakers.
- 2 X Kenwood KFC-W3016PS 12" 4 Ohm Performance Series Car Subwoofers with 2000 Watt Peak / 400 Watt RMS
- 12" Performance Series Car Subwoofer - Polypropylene Cone Woofer with Diamond Array Pattern
- Dual Ventilation System - 8 AWG Speaker Wire Capable - Long Stroke Structure
- Power Handling: 50-400 watts RMS, EACH - Peak Power Handling: 2000 watts, EACH - Frequency Response: 27-300 Hz
Sound Technology - Low frequency output has been improved by increasing the cone area without changing the cutout diameter. By adopting a "Stress-free Spider" and a "Thermal Efficient System" the mechanical and thermal durability has also been...