LG today announced the HU80KA projector, its first 4K UHD projector designed to deliver ultra-sharp video in a compact, beautiful design that is sure to enhance the home cinema experience. Earning the coveted CES 2018 Best of Innovation award, the HU80KA further establishes LG as a leading industry innovator in LED projectors.
“LG’s first-ever 4K UHD projector represents the pinnacle of innovation in the portable entertainment market,” said Tim Alessi, head of product marketing at LG Electronics USA. “Offering superb brightness coupled with a design that offers true versatility, the new HU80KA will lead the way in changing how consumers enjoy 4K content in their home and on the go.”
“LG’s first-ever 4K UHD projector represents the pinnacle of innovation in the portable entertainment market”
Traditionally, 4K projectors have been heavy, expensive and difficult to install within the home. Addressing these drawbacks, LG engineers and designers took on the challenge of downsizing the 4K UHD projector without sacrificing image quality. The result was an affordable yet premium device roughly half the size of competing 4K projectors. LG’s 4K UHD projector promises superb cinematic experiences thanks to its excellent 4K picture quality and portability, enabling users to create a true movie environment in any room of the house.
LG’s 4K UHD projector can create a 150-inch screen at an amazing 2,500 lumens—LG’s brightest projector. What’s more, the LG 4K UHD projector also supports HDR content (HDR 10) for an eye-popping cinematic experience in the home, and while two 7W speakers deliver high-quality audio. External speakers or a sound bar can also be easily connected via optical output, HDMI or wirelessly through Bluetooth for enhanced audio performance.
The projector’s portable size and unique upright design is made possible by its mirrorless I-shaped engine, which allows the projector to show perfect images whether it is placed on the floor, mounted on the wall or hanging from the ceiling. With a convenient carrying handle and Auto Cord feature, users have a flexibility of installation that ensures the LG 4K UHD projector will look great in any room for any occasion. The Mirror Reflector may also be used as a lens cover to protect the projector from dust when stored away.
LG 4K UHD projector owners will have no shortage of content to watch, as the projector’s webOS 3.5 smart TV interface can access the most popular online streaming services offering 4K content. The device comes equipped with standard connectivity options for USB, Ethernet and HDMI ports, as well as wireless support for external devices such as a keyboard and mouse, offering endless access to high-quality content.
LG’s entire 2018 projector lineup will be on display at the LG Booth in the Las Vegas Convention Center (Booth #11100, Central Hall) from Jan. 9-12. Also on display at the show will be LG’s latest version of its portable and convenient MiniBeam Projector (model PF50K), featuring webOS 3.5 and Full HD resolution.
1 4K UHD resolution with more than 8 million discrete pixels by XPR (Expanded Pixel Resolution) video processing.
LG and the LG logo are trademarks of LG Corp. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
About LG Electronics USA
LG Electronics USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a $48 billion global force and technology leader in home appliances, consumer electronics and mobile communications. LG Electronics sells a range of stylish and innovative home appliances, home entertainment products, mobile phones, commercial displays, air conditioning systems and solar energy solutions in the United States, all under LG’s “Life’s Good” marketing theme. For more news and information on LG Electronics, please visit www.LG.com.
SOURCE LG Electronics USA
More CES 2018 News:
- Announcing ASUS Windows Mixed Reality Headset – CES 2018
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Showcases Latest Gaming Gear at CES 2018
- Intelligent Vision-Based Robot Plays Scrabble at CES 2018
- ESCORT Unveils the MAX 360c Radar Detector at CES 2018
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces ROG Swift PG65 Big Format Gaming..
- MyKronoz Announces ZeTime Hybrid Smartwatch at CES 2018
- Cleer Space Smart Home Speaker with Alibaba AI Voice Service support…
- WiZ Announces Lifestyle Smart Lights Feature at CES 2018
- iDevices Instinct Embeds Amazon Alexa Into Walls
- Samsung Debuts Next Generation Refrigerator at CES 2018
- Ujet Launches New Generation Electric Scooter
- What’s New at CES 2018 – Artificial Intelligence, Sports Tech, Smart…
- Samsung Unveils “The Wall” – World’s First 146″ Modular MicroLED…
- Quantum Storey Introduces Virtual Reality VR Books at CES 2018
- Belkin Unveils New Wireless Charging and Mobile Power Accessories at CES…
- LG’s First 4K UHD Projector To Debut At CES 2018
- Qoobi Will Showcase Innovative High-end Music Device at CES 2018
- XDynamics to Demonstrate its Latest Drone Technologies at CES 2018
- TwoEyes Tech, 360-degree virtual reality CES 2018
- CINEMOOD Will Introduce New Portable Cinema Projectors at CES 2018
- The New Samsung Notebook 9 Pen (2018)
- Tanita Body Composition 3D Element App to Be Unveiled at CES…
- SmartBeings Partners with Telecom Companies to Bring WooHoo into Homes Everywhere
- Peraso Demos Cutting-Edge Virtual Reality at CES 2018
- CES 2018 Draws an Array of Industry Leaders and Visionaries
- New fitness and health devices using Movesense to be featured at CES 2018
- YI Technology to Unveil New Artificial Intelligence and Virtual Reality Cameras
You may like: