New children’s book series combines traditional print with AR and VR
The Quantum Storey Company, publisher of the World’s First VR Book series, Operation YOU®, today announced its participation at Pepcom’s Digital Experience! to be held on Monday, January 8 at the Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas. During the three-hour media event, members of the press can experience the self-directed action of this next generation of storytelling through the Operation YOU book series and the wonders of AR and VR. Operation YOU launched exclusively at all Walmart stores nationwide just before the holidays.
Quantum Storey’s Operation YOU books combine traditional print with AR and VR to drive immersive reader engagement, drawing young readers into stories in ways completely intuitive to them.
Blending “old school” books with new AR and VR technology, Quantum Storey’s new category of Virtual Reality Books revitalizes the publishing industry, and turbo charges the nascent augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) content markets.
The Operation YOU series is written in the first person and supported by augmented and virtual reality, making it the perfect medium for readers to emotionally connect with the characters and storylines in an impactful way. The first Operation YOU title, “Morning Nightmare,” depicts the pitfalls and pressures experienced by children boarding the school bus.
“We are delighted to have the opportunity to showcase this next generation experience and consumer technology to members of the press at Pepcom,” says J.M. Haines, founder and CEO of The Quantum Storey Company and author of the Operation YOU series. “Virtual Reality Books are transformative and unlike anything the publishing industry has seen before. As consumer habits continue to evolve, so too does the demand for something revolutionary and out of the box, and we are proud and excited to be able to deliver it with Operation YOU.”
As middle readers turn the pages of the printed book, Ray, a major character in the series, invites them to download the free app, and use the included VR goggles to “Take the Quantum Leap™” and transport INSIDE the story. Once in the book, readers experience what happens in the first person, as the primary character is YOU, the reader. Dodge a snowball, will yourself to get on the school bus and find a seat, seek out courage as you learn to build trust – all through the wonders of VR.
Each Operation YOU title enables the reader to build and strengthen essential skills in a safe virtual world, so they will be more prepared to make life decisions under the demands and social pressures of the real world.
Why Just Read a Book, When You Can Step Inside!™
About The Quantum Storey Company, Inc.
The Quantum Storey Company is a woman-owned business transforming the publishing industry. The Company has patent-pending technology that blends traditional publishing with augmented and virtual reality to create a new category: Virtual Reality Books. The Quantum Storey Company is headquartered at historic Raleigh Studios in Hollywood, with offices in Amsterdam, Mumbai, and Seoul.
SOURCE The Quantum Storey Company, Inc.
More CES 2018 News:
- Announcing ASUS Windows Mixed Reality Headset – CES 2018
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Showcases Latest Gaming Gear at CES 2018
- Intelligent Vision-Based Robot Plays Scrabble at CES 2018
- ESCORT Unveils the MAX 360c Radar Detector at CES 2018
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces ROG Swift PG65 Big Format Gaming..
- MyKronoz Announces ZeTime Hybrid Smartwatch at CES 2018
- Cleer Space Smart Home Speaker with Alibaba AI Voice Service support…
- WiZ Announces Lifestyle Smart Lights Feature at CES 2018
- iDevices Instinct Embeds Amazon Alexa Into Walls
- Samsung Debuts Next Generation Refrigerator at CES 2018
- Ujet Launches New Generation Electric Scooter
- What’s New at CES 2018 – Artificial Intelligence, Sports Tech, Smart…
- Samsung Unveils “The Wall” – World’s First 146″ Modular MicroLED…
- Quantum Storey Introduces Virtual Reality VR Books at CES 2018
- Belkin Unveils New Wireless Charging and Mobile Power Accessories at CES…
- LG’s First 4K UHD Projector To Debut At CES 2018
- Qoobi Will Showcase Innovative High-end Music Device at CES 2018
- XDynamics to Demonstrate its Latest Drone Technologies at CES 2018
- TwoEyes Tech, 360-degree virtual reality CES 2018
- CINEMOOD Will Introduce New Portable Cinema Projectors at CES 2018
- The New Samsung Notebook 9 Pen (2018)
- Tanita Body Composition 3D Element App to Be Unveiled at CES…
- SmartBeings Partners with Telecom Companies to Bring WooHoo into Homes Everywhere
- Peraso Demos Cutting-Edge Virtual Reality at CES 2018
- CES 2018 Draws an Array of Industry Leaders and Visionaries
- New fitness and health devices using Movesense to be featured at CES 2018
- YI Technology to Unveil New Artificial Intelligence and Virtual Reality Cameras