Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. today unveiled the next generation of its award-winning Family Hub refrigerator, continuing to pioneer and redefine the refrigerator category. A winner of the 2018 CES Best of Innovation award, Family Hub sets a new standard for connected living. The new Family Hub will be on display at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) from January 9-12, 2018.
“The integration of Bixby and SmartThings into the Family Hub is bringing a new level of intelligent connectivity into the room where people spend the most time: the kitchen.”
Family Hub in 2018 offers a wide range of smart features that allow consumers to do what they could not do before. These include syncing up food storage with meal preparation, keeping family members better connected and organized, and providing enhanced entertainment. Family Hub is also more intuitive and intelligent with the addition of Bixby voice control and its integration with Samsung’s SmartThings IoT ecosystem.
“Since Family Hub’s introduction in 2016, consumers have embraced it as their home’s digital command center to help manage food, family and fun. We’ve been listening closely to current users and created a new Family Hub that’s even smarter and more advanced than before,” said John Herrington, Senior Vice President, General Manager of Home Appliances, Samsung Electronics America. “The integration of Bixby and SmartThings into the Family Hub is bringing a new level of intelligent connectivity into the room where people spend the most time: the kitchen.”
Simplifying Life with Connected Home Control
The new Family Hub works with the SmartThings ecosystem, allowing users to control and monitor their connected home from the Family Hub screen. The SmartThings app seamlessly connects the Family Hub with hundreds of Samsung and third party compatible connected devices. So now, in addition to seeing what’s inside their fridge from the grocery store or leaving a note on the White Board to remind the kids to clean their rooms after school, users can do countless other things without ever leaving the kitchen. These include seeing who is at the front door with the ring doorbell, adjusting the thermostat, checking on a sleeping baby in the next room, and more, right from the refrigerator screen.
Enhancing Food Management
Family Hub helps consumers manage food, with the View Inside app that enables users to see inside the fridge from anywhere. New for 2018, Meal Planner takes food management to a more personalized level by providing recipes for the family based on food preferences, dietary restrictions and food expirations dates. Family Hub also saves time and money with a new Deals app that gives users the ability to find great bargains and save them directly to the Shopping List or loyalty card.
Strengthening Family Connections
The new Family Hub keeps the family more closely connected and organized, with the customized ability to share calendars, photos and notes. With Bixby, Family Hub can also recognize individual voices and provide personalized information based on preferences. Ask “Hi Bixby, what’s new today?” and it will provide a read out of the news, weather and calendar updates specifically tailored to the user.
Creating New Ways to Have Fun at Home
With innovative TV and music options, the original Family Hub transformed the kitchen into an area for socializing with family and friends. Users can access millions of songs through various music streaming platforms and live radio apps, and mirror their Samsung Smart TV1. The new Family Hub also features AKG Premium Quality Sound Speaker for sound that is deep in bass and rich in mid-range2. Additionally, users can now stream content from their smartphone to the Family Hub refrigerator.
Expanded Range of Content
Samsung is expanding the Family Hub’s range of content with new collaborations with leading companies like HomeAdvisor, Pinterest, The Weather Company and Buzzfeed’s Tasty. Samsung also continues to collaborate with key partners including allrecipes, ring, and Grubhub to further refine and enhance the kitchen experience and promote smart lifestyle choices.
Samsung will expand the platform to four new 4D FDR models, bringing the total to 14. This will ensure that there is a Family Hub configuration to meet the needs of all consumers.
The new Family Hub will be available this spring. For more information about Samsung Home Appliances, please visit www.samsung.com.
More CES 2018 News:
- Announcing ASUS Windows Mixed Reality Headset – CES 2018
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Showcases Latest Gaming Gear at CES 2018
- Intelligent Vision-Based Robot Plays Scrabble at CES 2018
- ESCORT Unveils the MAX 360c Radar Detector at CES 2018
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces ROG Swift PG65 Big Format Gaming..
- MyKronoz Announces ZeTime Hybrid Smartwatch at CES 2018
- Cleer Space Smart Home Speaker with Alibaba AI Voice Service support…
- WiZ Announces Lifestyle Smart Lights Feature at CES 2018
- iDevices Instinct Embeds Amazon Alexa Into Walls
- Samsung Debuts Next Generation Refrigerator at CES 2018
- Ujet Launches New Generation Electric Scooter
- What’s New at CES 2018 – Artificial Intelligence, Sports Tech, Smart…
- Samsung Unveils “The Wall” – World’s First 146″ Modular MicroLED…
- Quantum Storey Introduces Virtual Reality VR Books at CES 2018
- Belkin Unveils New Wireless Charging and Mobile Power Accessories at CES…
- LG’s First 4K UHD Projector To Debut At CES 2018
- Qoobi Will Showcase Innovative High-end Music Device at CES 2018
- XDynamics to Demonstrate its Latest Drone Technologies at CES 2018
- TwoEyes Tech, 360-degree virtual reality CES 2018
- CINEMOOD Will Introduce New Portable Cinema Projectors at CES 2018
- The New Samsung Notebook 9 Pen (2018)
- Tanita Body Composition 3D Element App to Be Unveiled at CES…
- SmartBeings Partners with Telecom Companies to Bring WooHoo into Homes Everywhere
- Peraso Demos Cutting-Edge Virtual Reality at CES 2018
- CES 2018 Draws an Array of Industry Leaders and Visionaries
- New fitness and health devices using Movesense to be featured at CES 2018
- YI Technology to Unveil New Artificial Intelligence and Virtual Reality Cameras