Last Updated on July 19, 2021 by Karen Maldonado
How much do you want to spend?
Smart watches retail from about $100 to upward of $350. You can find deals on some older models, if you don’t need the latest and newest smart watch. Price can vary depending on how sophisticated the watch is, feature-wise; case and strap materials; and brand-name cachet.
What do you really want from a smart watch?
Consider carefully which features and capabilities are most important to you before you plunk down a lot of money for a device you may not use fully.
- If you care mostly about getting smart phone notifications (saving you the trouble of pulling out your phone and unlocking the screen before you know who’s calling or what a text says), you can make do with a basic model.
- Those who are mostly interested in fitness monitoring should also consider a dedicated activity tracker, some of which now have notifications and other smart-watch-type features. Those devices are usually more lightweight and resistant to shock and sweat.
- If you’re an Android fan, an Android Wear watch (made by companies including Motorola, LG, Asus, and Samsung) offers smooth compatibility with your Android phone as well as Google Now, the company’s Siri-like intelligent personal assistant service.
- Apple aficionados can purchase that company’s own smart watch, but several models that are out now work with iOS too, including Pebble and Martian watches. These may not be sophisticated as the Apple Watch, but they may do enough for you.
- Fashionistas, you may want to wait a bit: New partnerships between smart-watch makers and fashion houses will produce some truly stylish smart watches later this year.
Best Selling Smartwatch on Amazon
- Garmin Pay contactless payment solution lets you pay for purchases with your watch (available for supported cards from participating banks)
- Personalize your watch with thousands of free watch faces, apps and widgets from our Connect IQ store
- More than 15 preloaded GPS and indoor sports apps, including yoga, running, swimming and more
- 【Your Watch, Your Style】1.3"/33mm touch screen covered with an aluminum alloy frame, so elegant and light to wear, but sturdy and anti-scratch. The smart watch contains 5 dials readily available to choose from along with another 30 more dials within the app. You can also customize your watch faces. It can be any photo, such as your family, pet ,etc. NOTE: When there is a software update prompt on the APP, it is recommended to upgrade to the latest software version for a better experience!
- 【Your Personal Smart Assistant】Activity tracker (pedometer, calories, distance), heart rate, menstrual cycle calculation for women, various sport modes, sleep monitoring for your healthy life. Get notifications of Call, SMS, and APP messages(THE WATCH CAN'T ANSWER/REPLY messages, CALLS or TEXT BACK), remote control of music and cameras, weather report, sedentary reminder, find phone, call rejection, brightness adjustment, power-saving mode, and other functions to meet your daily needs.
- 【Long Battery & IP68 Waterproof】The smartwatch only takes 2 hours to charge and can be used for 7-10 days or 30 days standby time, much longer than most traditional watches. The fitness watch is IP68 waterproof, you can wear it when washing hands, in the rain(Note: Do Not use in water more than 100. 40℉, such as showers, saunas, spring, etc).
- Get ready to crush your wellness goals with body readings right on your wrist.
- Better Sleep Starts Here: Wake up feeling refreshed and recharged with advanced sleep tracking; When you go to bed, your Galaxy Watch4 Classic sleep tracker starts monitoring your sleep and SpO2 levels continuously.
- Take care of your heart with accurate ECG monitoring and keep an eye on possible atrial fibrillation, a common form of irregular heart rhythm; Share personalized readings with your doctor using the Samsung Health Monitor app on your Galaxy phone*.
- ♥【Smart watch for Android Phones Samsung iPhone】- Compatible with most iOS 8.0 & Android 4.4 above smartphones. Download and install Free "VeryFitPro" APP, bind this smartwatch in your cell phone,you can receive alerts of calendar, SMS, incoming calls and SNS (Facebook, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter and more) on this watch;It will never let you miss any important things.
- ♥【Accurate Fitness Tracker】- Supports 9 sports such as Walking, running, bicycle , Hike, Mountaineering, Dynamic cycling, fitness, treadmill, Yoga. Accurately record all-day activities like steps, distance, calories burned, miles walked, active minutes. Can track all your workout routes, distances, and physical status during exercise. Stay motivated all day!
- ♥【24/7 Heart Rate Monitor & Sleep Tracker】- Automatically monitor your real-time heart rate, and provide comprehensive analysis of your sleep quality (deep sleep,light sleep and wake up time) to help you develop a healthier lifestyle.
- Use amazon Alexa built in to get quick news and information, check the weather, set timers and alarms, control your smart home devices and more all through the sound of your voice (third party app may be required; amazon Alexa not available in all countries)
- Based on your heart rate, time asleep and restlessness, sleep score helps you better understand your sleep quality each night. Also track your time in light, deep and REM sleep stages and get personal insights
- Control your Spotify app, download Pandora stations and add Deezer playlists—plus store and play 300+ songs on your wrist (subscription required; Pandora is us only)
- 【BUILT IN AMAZON ALEXA & GPS】You can talk to Amazon Alexa on your Amazfit GTS 2 Mini Smart Watch. Ask questions, get translations, set alarms, and timers, create shopping lists, check the weather, control your smart home devices, and more. Get precise tracking on your daily steps, distance traveled, and calories burned thanks to integrated GPS.
- 【14-DAY LONG-LASTING BATTERY】A fully-optimized battery management system provides up to 14 days of battery life for the Amazfit GTS 2 mini watch. Get rid of the anxiety brought on by constant charging, and keep the energy flowing. The 220mAh battery is ready to power you through up to two weeks of activity.
- 【70+ SPORTS MODES & 5 ATM WATERPROOF】The Amazfit GTS 2 mini features over 70 built-in sports modes, allowing to cover sports enthusiasts whether indoors or outdoors. With 5 ATM water-resistance, this fitness watch can resist to any of your daily activities and can even be worn while swimming.
- ♥【Accurate Fitness Tracker Watch】- YAMAY watch will accurately track your all-day steps,calories consumption,distance traveled,heart rate.It also supports 9 sports modes to help you track your other exercise patterns,and will connect to smartphone's GPS to draw the route map in the related app.
- ♥【 Smart Watches for iPhone Android Phones】- This watch is compatible with most iOS 8.0 & Android 4.4 above smartphones(not for pc or tablet). You can get call, text, calendar,email and messages alerts and read them directly on the watch. This watch can fit for 6.2-9.2 inch wrist(perimeter), suitable for men women and kids.
- ♥【 Sleep Tracker with More Practical Tools】- This watch will auto detect and track your sleep,and analyze your sleep quality.You can easily check the data in the verfitpro app.This watch also has many pratical tools,like alarm clocks,music controller,deep breath guide,sedentary reminder,stopwatch,timer.
- 1.69 Inch HD Full Touch Screen and Custom Watch Face: Smart watches has a handsome design,with its square display and full touch 1.69 inch colorful screen, which has 280*295 pixels resolution. Android watch with 4 levels of brightness, even in the sun, you can clearly read the information. You can also choose a picture you like to customize the watch face in Glory Fit app.
- 24 Sports Modes and IP68 Waterproof: mebossco watch supports 24 sports modes, such as running, yoga, cycling, skipping, badminton, basketball and walking. Running watch records your everyday activities in detail, including steps, distance, calories burned, workout duration and more. Besides, IP68 water-resistant, you can wear waterproof watch when washing hands, in the rain and swimming (note: The smartwatch does not prevent hot water).
- Notification and More Practical Function: You can get a call reminder and app notifications, preview the message, email, calendar, facebook, twitter conveniently after connecting the activity tracker to your phone. More practical features like sedentary reminder, pedometer, music controller, check the weather, find smart watches, brightness adjustment, vibration alarm clock, etc.
- Better insights to reach your fitness goals get more out of every mile thanks to built-in pace coaching on the Galaxy Watch Active2: Its advanced sensors keep your pace to help you better achieve your run goals
- Comfortably sleek the Galaxy Watch Active2 is light enough to wear anywhere comfortably; It comes in aluminum or stainless steel and with a variety of faces, bands and finishes so it goes with anything
- Keep your beat: You can see if your heart rate is where you want it with Galaxy Watch Active2; Get automatically alerted if your watch detects a high or a low heart rate; This device and related software are not intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions, or in the cure, mitigation, treatment or prevention of disease
- 【1.69 Inch Full Touch Screen】The sport smartwatch designed with 1.69 inch full touch screen, super light-weight of 37g and a thickness of 9.9mm, providing you with sensitive touch control, customized interface and smooth skin-friendly silicone strap, making it comfortable to wear for both men and women.
- 【24/7 Heart Rate & Sleep Monitor】Automatically monitor your real-time heart rate and records your sleep status (deep, light, and awake) every second with sensitive motion sensor. Analyzing your sleeping quality by the accurate and historical data in the app and optimizing your sleep to get a healthy life-style. You can also set smart alarms to wake you up with vibration to experience an easier and regular life!
- 【Long Battery Life】The fitness smartwatch comes with a fast-charging USB cable, supports 7-10 days use and standby for 30+ days after 2h fully charged. Take it with you for traveling, hiking, swimming and working, never worry about being on low power!
Will your smart phone work with your smart watch?
Make sure the smart watch you’re thinking of buying is compatible with the smartphone (or other smart device) that you plan to pair with it. Some watches work with Android OS and iOS devices, some only with the Android OS, and some only with specific versions of Android. (None we’ve seen so far work with Windows Phone.)
Most of Samsung’s numerous smart watches work only with phones made by that company. And unsurprisingly, the Apple Watch will pair only with the iPhone 5 and later models.
How comfortable will it be to wear all day?
Some of these watches are large, and most are rectangular. It’s kind of like wearing a mini smart phone on a wristband. A few newer models, such as the Motorola Moto 360 and LG G Watch R, are round, and feel a bit less bulky, so they may be more comfortable if you have small wrists. Of course, some small-wristed people are fine with big watches. It’s a personal choice. But regardless of your wrist heft, if there is any way you can try on a smart watch before you buy it, we recommend that you do.
- Battery life: This can range from around a day to a week or more depending on the sophistication of a smart watch’s technology, how much power it requires, battery type, and how you use the watch.
- Screen type: Most basic smart watches have monochrome e-paper screens and push-button navigation; more-advanced ones have full-color LED touch-screen displays, which our testers have found are easier to navigate. (They also require more power.)
- Water resistance: Some smart watches can be worn while you swim or shower. Others are splash-proof. Still others make no water-resistant claims at all. Make sure to check a smart watch’s specs if this is important to you.
- Case and strap materials: The watch itself could be plastic or metal; the straps could be plastic or leather. Some allow straps to be changed and offer a variety of materials and colors for customizability.
- Charging: Some smart watches come with convenient wireless chargers: You just place the watch onto the charger. Others come with snap-on docks for charging. Still others require a cable that plugs into the watch itself to charge.
- Apps: Before you make a buying decision, check out the available apps for the smart watch you’re considering. Apps can add a lot to what you can do with your smart watch. Some smart watches have only a limited number of available apps, while others have access to thousands of apps.
Photo by Bekathwia
You may like:
- Best Smart Ring to Wear
- Best Activity Tracker Buying Guide
- 10 Top Rated Fitness Trackers
- Features of Smart Watches
Last update on 2021-09-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API