How much do you want to spend?
Smart watches retail from about $100 to upward of $350. You can find deals on some older models, if you don’t need the latest and newest smart watch. Price can vary depending on how sophisticated the watch is, feature-wise; case and strap materials; and brand-name cachet.
What do you really want from a smart watch?
Consider carefully which features and capabilities are most important to you before you plunk down a lot of money for a device you may not use fully.
- If you care mostly about getting smart phone notifications (saving you the trouble of pulling out your phone and unlocking the screen before you know who’s calling or what a text says), you can make do with a basic model.
- Those who are mostly interested in fitness monitoring should also consider a dedicated activity tracker, some of which now have notifications and other smart-watch-type features. Those devices are usually more lightweight and resistant to shock and sweat.
- If you’re an Android fan, an Android Wear watch (made by companies including Motorola, LG, Asus, and Samsung) offers smooth compatibility with your Android phone as well as Google Now, the company’s Siri-like intelligent personal assistant service.
- Apple aficionados can purchase that company’s own smart watch, but several models that are out now work with iOS too, including Pebble and Martian watches. These may not be sophisticated as the Apple Watch, but they may do enough for you.
- Fashionistas, you may want to wait a bit: New partnerships between smart-watch makers and fashion houses will produce some truly stylish smart watches later this year.
Best Selling Smartwatch on Amazon
- Retina display
- ★【 Fitness Watches for Men Women Kids】- If you live an active lifestyle and want to refine your training or you are a newbie and want to get active,or if you want an accurate waterproof tracker that adds a ton of smart watch features and...
- ★【 IP68 Waterproof Fitness Tracker】- Yamay 020 is ip68 water-resistant,you can wear it when swimming.High sensitive large HD color screen make it easy to operate and give you clear insights to the display.There is 4 stylish clock faces for...
- ★【 Accurate Activity Tracker】- Automatically track your all-day steps,calories,24/7 heart rate,sleep stages;Use 14 exercise modes like Run or bicycle to record workouts and connect to smartphone GPS for more precise real-time pace &...
- Smartwatches powered with Wear OS by Google work with iPhone and Android Phones ; Circumference: 200+/ 5mm
- Extend your battery life for multiple days with new, smart battery modes; magnetic USB rapid charger included; charge up to 80 percent in under an hour
- Heart Rate & Activity Tracking using Google Fit; Built in GPS for distance tracking; Swimproof design 3ATM; Google Assistant it’s your own personal Google, always ready to help; Speed through checkout with your watch using Google Pay
- ♥ 【 Fitness Tracker】- YAMAY 023 watch can automatically track your steps, distance traveled, calories burned and sleep quality accurately all day.You can also set up to 9 sport modes to track your various workout accordingly.Your every...
- ♥ 【 Heart Rate & Blood Pressure & Blood Oxygen Monitor 】- YAMAY 023 can accurately monitor this three body's most critical indicator of health.You can read them real-time directly on the watch, which can help you better understand your...
- ♥ 【 Smart Watch for iPhone and Android Phones】- This watch is compatible with most iOS 8.0 & Android 4.4 above smartphones to notify you of new call, text, email, calendar and app notifications. You can also read the messages directly on...
- Live a stronger, smarter life with Galaxy Watch at your wrist. Rest well and stay active with built-in health tracking and a bluetooth connection that keeps everything at your wrist. Plus, go for days without charging.
- Go nonstop for days on a single charge. The wireless charger lets you power up without slowing down. (Average expected performance based on typical use. Results may vary.)
- Available in two sizes and three colors, the Galaxy Watch offers stylish watch faces so realistic they hardly look digital. Plus, choose from a collection of interchangeable bands.
- Best Humane Design: COULAX smart bracelet is equipped with GPS positioning function, YFit APP monitors your trajectory and shows your exercise data in the most accurate way: steps, distance, calories burned.
- Perfect Use of Attributes: Standby watch only needs 2.5 hours to fill power, provides you with professional personal health consultants and records for more than 10 days. COULAX Pedometer will also show you your incoming calls and messages.
- User-friendly Feature: COULAX health watch is out of the traditional sense of watches and pedometers, it can even measure your blood oxygen and heart rate, explore new health data, and strive to escort your health.
- Heart Rate Monitoring & Sleep Tracking: Our Letscom smart watch can track your heart rate automatically in real time when exercising and resting. It also records your deep, light, and awake sleep patterns, and can wake you up with silent...
- All-day Activity Tracking: With our smartwatch, you can accurately track your everyday activities and there are also 11 sport modes to choose from. Our fitness watch can also track your workouts in detail, including steps, calories burned,...
- Smart Notifications: Always stay connected and get vibration notifications of your calls, texts, and SNS messages, including Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Linkedin, Messenger, etc. No more important messages missed.
- Large Stylish Dial Display: 1. 3-inch TFT-LCD color touch screen features 4 customized displays, making it easier and quicker to view time and date, steps travelled and calories burned, message notifications can also be displayed straight on...
- Heart rate monitoring & sleep tracking: The smartwatch can automatically monitor your daily real-time heart rate, and track your sleep quality status to get a better understanding of your health
- All-day Fitness Tracking: Accurately records your activity data such as steps, distance, calories burned and weekly/monthly data, you can see your targets at a glance allowing you to control your rhythm of exercise, making your exercise more...
- Garmin Pay contact less payment solution lets you pay for purchases with your watch (available for supported cards from participating banks)
- Personalize your watch with thousands of free watch faces, apps and widgets from our Connect IQ store.; Memory/History : 7 timed activities, 14 days of activity tracking data
- More than 15 pre loaded GPS and indoor sports apps, including yoga, running, swimming and more; Lens material: chemically strengthened glass, bezel material: stainless steel, case material: fiber reinforced polymer with stainless steel rear...
- Use amazon Alexa built in to get quick news and information, check the weather, set timers and alarms, control your smart home devices and more all through the sound of your voice (third party app may be required; amazon Alexa not available in...
- Based on your heart rate, time asleep and restlessness, sleep score helps you better understand your sleep quality each night. Also track your time in light, deep and REM sleep stages and get personal insights
- Control your Spotify app, download Pandora stations and add Deezer playlists—plus store and play 300+ songs on your wrist (subscription required; Pandora is us only)
Will your smart phone work with your smart watch?
Make sure the smart watch you’re thinking of buying is compatible with the smartphone (or other smart device) that you plan to pair with it. Some watches work with Android OS and iOS devices, some only with the Android OS, and some only with specific versions of Android. (None we’ve seen so far work with Windows Phone.)
Most of Samsung’s numerous smart watches work only with phones made by that company. And unsurprisingly, the Apple Watch will pair only with the iPhone 5 and later models.
How comfortable will it be to wear all day?
Some of these watches are large, and most are rectangular. It’s kind of like wearing a mini smart phone on a wristband. A few newer models, such as the Motorola Moto 360 and LG G Watch R, are round, and feel a bit less bulky, so they may be more comfortable if you have small wrists. Of course, some small-wristed people are fine with big watches. It’s a personal choice. But regardless of your wrist heft, if there is any way you can try on a smart watch before you buy it, we recommend that you do.
- Battery life: This can range from around a day to a week or more depending on the sophistication of a smart watch’s technology, how much power it requires, battery type, and how you use the watch.
- Screen type: Most basic smart watches have monochrome e-paper screens and push-button navigation; more-advanced ones have full-color LED touch-screen displays, which our testers have found are easier to navigate. (They also require more power.)
- Water resistance: Some smart watches can be worn while you swim or shower. Others are splash-proof. Still others make no water-resistant claims at all. Make sure to check a smart watch’s specs if this is important to you.
- Case and strap materials: The watch itself could be plastic or metal; the straps could be plastic or leather. Some allow straps to be changed and offer a variety of materials and colors for customizability.
- Charging: Some smart watches come with convenient wireless chargers: You just place the watch onto the charger. Others come with snap-on docks for charging. Still others require a cable that plugs into the watch itself to charge.
- Apps: Before you make a buying decision, check out the available apps for the smart watch you’re considering. Apps can add a lot to what you can do with your smart watch. Some smart watches have only a limited number of available apps, while others have access to thousands of apps.
Photo by Bekathwia