Sixty-seven percent of Americans make resolutions for the new year, but only 9.2 percent are successful. Based on Google search data, the top searches for self-improvement in the new year are 1) to get healthy and 2) to get organized.
“I’m glad to see organizing as a top priority, because taking steps to get organized and manage your time will make other goals like saving money, traveling more and creating an exercise habit easier to achieve,” explains Heather Rogers, vice president at Time Timer®, a visual timer that helps children and adults better understand how much time is remaining for their tasks. “Even if you don’t think organizing is fun, think of how it can enable the activities you love most.”
Invented by a mom in Ohio whose child was always running late for the bus, the Time Timer is a trusted tool for organizational professionals, families, schools and businesses to help people manage time more effectively by visualizing how time elapses. If your New Year’s resolution for 2018 is to get organized and manage time more effectively, consider these tips from Time Timer:
- Declutter and put everything in its place. If this seems overwhelming, set a timer for 20 minutes and do a blitz pick up.
- Make a list of everything you need to do this coming year, month and week, and then prioritize which tasks are most important.
- Do the boring (to you) tasks first and get them out of the way first instead of spending time dwelling on having to do them.
- Break up big jobs into manageable chunks of time so they seem less daunting. Some even suggest breaking up your resolution into chunks to make your goal more attainable.
- Schedule breaks in your day. Take a walk, grab a cup of coffee, check your social media accounts and then get back to work with a fresh mind.
- Audit your time weekly and make adjustments. Did you spend too much time on email? Set specific times for email and then turn off your push notifications. Whatever it is that is a time parasite, rearrange the time spent on it.
- Set firm boundaries so that work doesn’t creep into life too much and vice-versa. There are sometimes exceptions, but the 9 p.m. work emails are not usually a crisis, are they? And how much time of your work day are you spending looking at a friend’s baby registry? Allow yourself a few minutes and then get back to work.
Managing time is key to getting and staying organized. A tool that helps one understand and track their time better can help them reach all of their 2018 goals.
“The Time Timer is the best tool to help manage your time.”
“Most people struggle with time management because it’s not tangible, but with Time Timer, it is,” says Deb Cabral, certified professional organizer and productivity consultant. “The colored disc gives you the opportunity to visually keep track of time.
We use the Time Timer with many clients such as children and teens, adults in the workplace and those that struggle with being able to focus.
The Time Timer is the best tool to help manage your time.”
SOURCE Time Timer
You may like:
- Anker PowerCore II 10000 Power Bank Review
- Flexispot Exercise Desk Bike
- Best Robot Vacuum on Amazon – ECOVACS DEEBOT N79
- Amazon Echo The Most Gifted Item on Amazon
- Best PlayStation 4 Deals 2018
- Best Polaroid Deals New Year 2018
- Best Bluetooth Speakers Deals New Year 2018
- Best Internet Radio Deals 2018
- Best GPS Tracker Deals New Year 2018
- Best Radar Detector Deals 2018
- Best Dash Cam Deals 2018
- Best Home Projector Deals 2018
- Best Laptop Deals New Year 2018
- Best Smart Scale Deals 2018
- Best Studio Microphone Deals New Year 2018
- Best Snow Thrower Deals Winter 2018
- Best Home Wifi System Deals 2018
- Best Electric Scooter Deals 2018
- Best Standing Desk Deals 2018
- Best DSLR Camera Deals 2018
- Best Smart TV Deals 2018
- Best Smart Home Deals 2018
- Best Smart Watch Deals 2018
- Best Activity Tracker Deals 2018
- Best Gaming PC Deals 2018
- Best After Holiday Deals 2018
- Best Selling Gadgets at Amazon New Year 2018