Last Updated on July 19, 2021
7 Tips to Get Organized
Sixty-seven percent of Americans make resolutions for the new year, but only 9.2 percent are successful. Based on Google search data, the top searches for self-improvement in the new year are 1) to get healthy and 2) to get organized. Follow these important easy tips to get organized now.
“I’m glad to see organizing as a top priority, because following these tips to get organized and manage your time will make other goals like saving money, traveling more and creating an exercise habit easier to achieve,” explains Heather Rogers, vice president at Time Timer, a visual timer that helps children and adults better understand how much time is remaining for their tasks. “Even if you don’t think organizing is fun, think of how it can enable the activities you love most.”
Invented by a mom in Ohio whose child was always running late for the bus, the Time Timer is a trusted tool for organizational professionals, families, schools and businesses to help people manage time more effectively by visualizing how time elapses. If your New Year’s resolution for 2018 is to get organized and manage time more effectively, consider these tips from Time Timer:
- Declutter and put everything in its place. If this seems overwhelming, set a timer for 20 minutes and do a blitz pick up.
- Make a list of everything you need to do this coming year, month and week, and then prioritize which tasks are most important.
- Do the boring (to you) tasks first and get them out of the way first instead of spending time dwelling on having to do them.
- Break up big jobs into manageable chunks of time so they seem less daunting. Some even suggest breaking up your resolution into chunks to make your goal more attainable.
- Schedule breaks in your day. Take a walk, grab a cup of coffee, check your social media accounts and then get back to work with a fresh mind.
- Audit your time weekly and make adjustments. Did you spend too much time on email? Set specific times for email and then turn off your push notifications. Whatever it is that is a time parasite, rearrange the time spent on it.
- Set firm boundaries so that work doesn’t creep into life too much and vice-versa. There are sometimes exceptions, but the 9 p.m. work emails are not usually a crisis, are they? And how much time of your work day are you spending looking at a friend’s baby registry? Allow yourself a few minutes and then get back to work.
Managing time is key to getting and staying organized. A tool that helps one understand and track their time better can help them reach all of their 2018 goals.
“The Time Timer is the best tool to help manage your time.”
“Most people struggle with time management because it’s not tangible, but with Time Timer, it is,” says Deb Cabral, certified professional organizer and productivity consultant. “The colored disc gives you the opportunity to visually keep track of time.
We use the Time Timer with many clients such as children and teens, adults in the workplace and those that struggle with being able to focus.
The Time Timer is the best tool to help manage your time.”
- TIME MANAGEMENT: 60-minute analog countdown clock to stay on task, assists with organization and concentration. As time expires, the visible display of the red-disk disappears in a clockwise direction.
- SPECIAL NEEDS: The visual design of the Time Timer helps ease transitions and encourages independence and productivity for all abilities, including those with Austism, ADHD, or other special needs.
- QUIET OPERATION: No loud ticking provides the silence and focus for school, homework, and other silent activities. Ideal for special needs, children, parents, teachers, office staff / professionals, and students.
In October 1989, Jan was a busy mom with a curious kindergartner. Her daughter routinely asked questions about time: “How much longer? When will we go? How long is 15 minutes? When will dinner be ready?” Jan, like many others, found explaining time to a 5-year old difficult, frustrating…okay, downright crazy-making.
After many years of dedicated work, solopreneurship turned into a team effort, and the vision of “being able to see time” eventually traveled around the globe. After 25 years, the same Time Timer Jan originally sketched on a legal pad can be found in classrooms, homes, therapy centers, restaurants, boardrooms, and factories around the world.
How Time Timer Works
Easy to Set
By turning the center knob counterclockwise, the colored disk can be set to the desired amount of time.
No Loud Ticking
The timer automatically begins to count down with no loud ticking.
Time Visually Disappears
As time elapses, the colored disk disappears. The Time Timer operates in a clockwise direction to replicate the movement of an analog clock, and shows exactly how much time is left.
Make Every Moment Count
When you see time disappear, you can conquer it. When the red disk is gone, time is up! An optional alert is available.
The Time Timer Original 8″ is perfect for small to medium groups. With the visual representation of time you can track your time at a glance. Keep meetings, student testings, classrooms, or any gathering on time.
The Time Timer is clinically proven to increase self-regulation in children. Whether it is school work, screen time, or chores, they are able to see how much time is left. Give them the confidence and independence to track their own time.
Teacher Tested, Student Approved
The Time Timer Original 8″ is a part of our Original line-up. The Time Timer Original is available in 3″, 8″, and 12″ models. A fan favorite in the classroom for over 25 years, this line-up provides intuitive visual time management regardless of the number of students, the size of the room, or if it’s in the school, work, or home environment.
Intuitive Assistive Technology
Time Timer believes in creating products that truly help people of all ages and abilities to conquer time – in the classroom, in the home, and in the office. While time can be a challenge for differently abled people, we aim to provide intuitive and innovative solutions that make a real difference.
SOURCE Time Timer
You may like:
- Anker PowerCore II 10000 Power Bank Review
- Flexispot Exercise Desk Bike
- Best Robot Vacuum on Amazon – ECOVACS DEEBOT N79
Last update on 2022-05-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API