Vuzix Corporation a leading supplier of Smart Glasses and Augmented Reality (AR) technologies and products for the consumer and enterprise markets, is pleased to announce that it has launched the developer kit pre-order program for its award winning Vuzix Blade™ augmented reality Smart Glasses. The Vuzix Blade™ leverages the Company’s intellectual property patent portfolio and leadership position in the area of optics, head mounted displays and smart glasses, allowing Vuzix to bring to market one of the world’s smallest and most sleek pair of AR smart glasses ever developed.
- Vuzix M100 provides the features and capabilities of a modern smartphone, without a cellular radio, in a hands-free wearable device.
The Vuzix Blade provides a wearable see through information display allowing location aware AR content to be naturally overlaid on the real world without holding onto a tablet or having to deal with the gyrations required for AR to work on a conventional smartphone. The Vuzix Blade™ is a natural evolution for where augmented reality is going to be, and delivered in a form factor that people will not be embarrassed to wear in public. The Vuzix Blade™ form factor is very much like conventional sunglasses and weighs in at less than 3 oz. including camera, CPU, sensors, and batteries.
Vuzix Blade™ Pre-Order Deposit Program
Vuzix is pleased to offer prioritized access to the award winning Vuzix Blade™ hardware and software developer’s kit for $1,997.00. The kit will include a preproduction (DVT) Vuzix Blade™ Smart Glasses and an upgrade to production hardware when it is commercially available. It will also include exclusive access to the software development kit (SDK) required for the creation of applications specifically for use and optimization on the Vuzix Blade™. To get in the queue for a developer’s kit a $495.00 reservation deposit is required. The developer’s kits are expected to ship early in 2018 on a priority basis.
About Vuzix Corporation
Vuzix is a leading supplier of Smart-Glasses and Augmented Reality (AR) technologies and products for the consumer and enterprise markets. The Company’s products include personal display and wearable computing devices that offer users a portable high-quality viewing experience, provide solutions for mobility, wearable displays and virtual and augmented reality. Vuzix holds 59 patents and 42 additional patents pending and numerous IP licenses in the Video Eyewear field. The Company has won Consumer Electronics Show (or CES) awards for innovation for the years 2005 to 2018 and several wireless technology innovation awards among others. Founded in 1997, Vuzix is a public company (NASDAQ: VUZI) with offices in Rochester, NY, Oxford, UK and Tokyo, Japan.
You may like:
- Amazon Kindle Oasis – The Ultimate Waterproof E-reader 2018
- JBL Charge 3 – Best Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Best Smart Home Hub 2018 – Amazon Echo Plus
- DJI Mavic Pro Drone – Now at its lowest price of $769
- Best DSLR Camera for Beginners in 2018
- Amazon Buys Ring Video Doorbell Maker for 1 Billion Dollars
- Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ Release Date, Features, Price & Latest Updates
- Best On Ear Headphones for 2018
- ROAV VIVA By Anker – World’s First Alexa Enabled Car Charger
- Roav by Anker Dash Cam C1 Pro Review
- Anker PowerCore II 10000 Power Bank Review
- Flexispot Exercise Desk Bike
- Best Robot Vacuum on Amazon – ECOVACS DEEBOT N79
SOURCE Vuzix Corporation
Via: PR Newswire