Last Updated on June 25, 2023
As more and more people shift to remote work, video conferencing has become an integral part of our daily lives. Whether you’re attending a business meeting, catching up with friends, or taking an online class, having a quality headset is essential for clear communication and seamless collaboration.
Looking for the perfect gift idea this holiday season? Try this FREE AI-powered gift-finding tool at Giftly.ai, an intuitive tool that personalizes gift suggestions based on a person's interests and your budget. Try it now, and experience the ease of finding the ideal gift in seconds!
But with so many options on the market, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of the best headsets for video conferencing today.
From noise-cancellation to design and build quality, we’ve carefully reviewed and tested each headset to provide you with the most comprehensive guide. So, whether you’re a professional or a student, you can find the perfect headset to elevate your video conferencing experience.
The Best Headset for Video Conferencing at a Glance
Our Top Picks
- Best Headset for Video Conferencing Overall: Jabra Evolve2 85
- BlueParrott S650-XT
- Jabra Evolve2 65
- Anker PowerConf H700
- Logitech Zone Vibe 125
The Best Headset for Video Conferencing You Can Buy Today
1. Jabra Evolve2 85
Best Headset for Video Conferencing Overall
The Jabra Evolve2 85 Noise-Canceling Wireless Over-Ear Headset is designed for busy professionals who need to take important calls almost anywhere. With its active noise cancellation technology and built-in microphones, this headset filters out distracting ambient noise, leaving you isolated to focus on your critical business call. Whether at your desk or on the go, this headset provides seamless integration with all leading Unified Communications platforms, making it a top choice for business communication.
Jabra Evolve2 85 Features:
- Active noise cancellation technology filters out distracting ambient noise
- 10 built-in microphones ensure clear voice transmission in any environment
- UC-certified for seamless integration with all leading Unified Communications platforms
- Large 40mm drivers produce dynamic sounds with rich, deep bass
- Bluetooth AAC codec provides quality audio from compatible mobile devices
- Integrated busylight keeps others at bay during conversations or online meetings
- Designed for comfort with soft memory foam and cushioned, ergonomic headband
- Automatic mute when boom mic is turned up
- Earcup controls for easy adjustments
- Excellent noise cancellation technology
- Clear voice transmission in any environment
- Seamless integration with all leading Unified Communications platforms
- High-quality sound for music and podcasts
- Comfortable for extended periods of use
- Price may be a bit high for some users
- Some users may prefer a wired connection for certain applications
Jabra Evolve2 85 Specifications:
|Connectivity||Bluetooth 5.0, USB Type-A, 3.5mm headphone jack|
|Battery Life||Up to 37 hours|
|Microphones||10 built-in microphones|
|Noise Cancellation||Active noise cancellation technology|
|Compatibility||UC-certified for all leading UC platforms|
|Mute||Automatic mute when boom mic is turned up|
|Comfort||Soft memory foam, ergonomic headband|
2. BlueParrott S650-XT
Best headset for superior calls in high-noise environments
The BlueParrott S650-XT is designed for conference calls in high-noise environments, who require superior calls, active noise cancellation, and extended wireless range.
BlueParrott S650-X Features:
- Superior noise-canceling microphone removes up to 96% of background noise
- Converts from mono to stereo sound for hands-free communication and listening needs
- Active noise cancellation eliminates disruptive ambient noise
- Extended connection with up to 36 hours of talk time and 300 ft wireless range
- Durable and built to withstand rough treatment with IP54-rated protection
- Customizable BlueParrott Button™ for instant access to frequently used features
- Hands-free operation for ease of use and safer driving
- Crystal-clear call quality in high-noise environments
- Extended battery life and wireless range for uninterrupted communication
- Active noise cancellation for a more immersive audio experience
- Durable and reliable for long-term use
- Hands-free operation for safer driving and increased productivity
- The mono-to-stereo conversion can be a bit tricky to get used to at first
- The design may not be as stylish as other headset options
BlueParrott S650-X Specifications:
|Active Noise Cancellation||Yes|
|Speaker size||40mm / 1.57in|
|Speaker max input power||50 mW|
|Speaker frequency range||20Hz – 20kHz|
|Speaker impedance||32 Ω|
|Audio codecs supported||SBC|
|Microphone type||6mm bi-directional noise-canceling|
|Microphone bandwidth||150Hz – 6.8kHz|
|Certifications and compliance||FCC, CE, RoHS, RSC, CEC|
3. Jabra Evolve2 65
Looking for a high-quality wireless headset that can handle all your virtual communication needs? Look no further than the Jabra Evolve2 65 Stereo Wireless On-Ear Headset! With its powerful noise isolation, long battery life, and optimized design for Microsoft Teams, this headset is perfect for anyone who needs to stay focused and connected in a virtual world.
Jabra Evolve2 65 Features:
- Up to 37 hours of battery life
- Noise isolation with angled earcups
- Optimized for Microsoft Teams
- Memory foam ear cushions
- Busylight is seen from any direction
- 3 integrated microphones
- 40mm drivers
- Ergonomic cushioned headband
- Flexible boom mic with auto mute
- USB Type-C
- Long battery life
- Powerful noise isolation
- Teams-optimized design
- Comfortable ear cushions and headband
- Busylight feature for staying focused
- May not be as comfortable for extended wear for some users
- Some users may prefer a different platform besides Teams
Jabra Evolve2 65 Specifications:
|Connectivity||Wireless Bluetooth 5.0, USB Type-C dongle|
|Wireless Range||Up to 98 feet (30 meters)|
|Battery Life||Up to 37 hours|
|Charging Time||90 minutes for a full charge|
|Microphones||3 digital MEMS microphones|
|Noise Isolation||Yes, with angled earcups|
|Frequency Response||20 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Voice Assistant Integration||Yes, supports Amazon Alexa, Siri, and Google Assistant|
|Weight||6.3 ounces (178 g)|
|Certification||Microsoft Teams certified, UC-certified for Skype for Business/OpenScape Voice|
|Compatibility||Works with most Bluetooth-enabled devices, including PCs, smartphones, tablets, and more|
4. Anker PowerConf H700
For anyone who relies on virtual communication tools for remote work, online meetings, distance learning, or other online interactions, the Anker PowerConf H700 is a must-have. With advanced VoiceShield technology, active noise cancelling, multipoint connectivity, and convenient compatibility, this headset is designed to provide the ultimate audio experience for virtual meetings and conversations.
The Anker PowerConf H700 has some great features that can help make your online meetings even better. The VoiceShield Technology makes sure that your voice is clear and easy to hear, even if there’s background noise around you. With Active Noise Cancelling, you won’t get distracted by any outside noise while you’re on your call.
The Multipoint Connectivity feature lets you connect to two Bluetooth devices at once and switch between them easily. You can use the H700 with all your favorite online conferencing services, like Zoom, Google Meet, and more, thanks to its Convenient Compatibility.
Transcribing meeting minutes can be a pain, but with the AnkerWork software, you can save recordings and transcriptions with just one click. Plus, you can talk for a full 24 hours on a single charge with the H700, and when you need to recharge, the high-efficiency battery can give you 3 hours of talk time in just 5 minutes.
- VoiceShield Technology ensures clear voice communication without background noise
- Active Noise Cancelling eliminates distractions from outside noise
- Multipoint Connectivity allows connection to two Bluetooth devices and easy switching between them
- Convenient Compatibility with popular online conferencing services like Zoom and Google Meet
- Hassle-free transcription and meeting recordings with AnkerWork software
- Full 24-hour talk time on a single charge and quick 3-hour charge with high-efficiency battery
- Advanced noise-cancelling technology
- Multipoint connectivity for seamless switching between devices
- Convenient compatibility with leading conferencing platforms
- Long-lasting battery life and fast charging capabilities
- Meeting recording and transcription features for improved productivity
- May not fit comfortably for all head sizes and shapes
- Some users may experience connectivity issues with certain devices
Key Specifications for Anker PowerConf H700:
|Connection||Bluetooth/USB-A Bluetooth Dongle|
|Bluetooth Version||Bluetooth 5.0|
|Talk Time||Up to 24 hours|
|Charging Time||5 minutes for 3 hours’ talk time or 100 minutes for a full charge|
|Bluetooth Range||10 m|
5. Logitech Zone Vibe 125
The Logitech Zone Vibe 125 is a modern, wireless headset designed for individuals and businesses that rely on virtual communication tools such as Zoom, video conferencing, and distance learning. This headset is perfect for professionals, remote workers, teachers, students, and anyone who needs a high-quality headset for online communication.
- Wireless freedom with multipoint Bluetooth connectivity up to 30m range
- Up to 20 hours of listening time and 18 hours of talk time on one full charge
- Memory foam earpads for all-day comfort, weighing 185 grams
- Convenient fingertip controls with flip-to-mute mic for instant privacy
- Customizable audio experience with Logi Tune equalizer settings
- Modern design with a low-profile, rounded shape
- Immersive audio with 40 mm speaker drivers and low distortion
- Noise-canceling technology with beamforming and DSP for clear voice capture and background noise blocking
- Wireless connectivity for added convenience and flexibility
- Memory foam earpads for added comfort during extended use
- Flip-to-mute mic for instant privacy
- Long battery life for all-day use
- Knitted fabric adds a touch of elegance
- Logi Tune EQ settings for customized sound
- No active noise-cancelling feature
- No 3.5mm audio jack for wired connectivity
|Microphone Type||Dual omni-directional MEMS mics with directional beamforming and DSP|
|Microphone Frequency Response||100 ~ 8 KHz|
|Speaker Frequency Response||Music mode: 20 ~ 20 KHz<br>Talk mode: 100 ~ 8 KHz|
|Speaker Sensitivity||118.0±3 dB at 1mW @1 kHz|
|Speaker Driver Size||1.57 in (40 mm)|
|Battery Type||Built-in lithium ion|
|Talk Time Battery Life||Up to 18 hours|
|Listening Time Battery Life||Up to 20 hours|
Note: Battery life may vary based on users and computing conditions.
Top 5 Headsets Comparison table
|Headset||Jabra Evolve2 85||BlueParrott S650-XT||Jabra Evolve2 65||Anker PowerConf H700||Logitech Zone Vibe 125|
|Microphone Type||6-Microphone technology||Noise-canceling||3-Microphone technology||6-Microphone technology||Dual omni-directional MEMS mics with directional beamforming and DSP|
|Battery Life||Up to 37 hours||Up to 24 hours||Up to 37 hours||Up to 24 hours||Up to 20 hours of listening time and 18 hours of talk time|
|Wireless Range||Up to 30 meters||Up to 100 meters||Up to 30 meters||Up to 30 feet||Up to 30 meters|
|Noise Cancellation||Advanced noise-cancellation||Xtreme Noise Suppression||Advanced noise-cancellation||6-Microphone Array||Beamforming technology and digital signal processing (DSP)|
|Compatibility||PC and Mobile||Mobile, Tablet and PC||PC and Mobile||Mobile and PC||PC and Mobile|
|Weight||286 g (10.09 oz)||94 g (3.32 oz)||176 g (6.21 oz)||222 g (7.83 oz)||185 g (6.53 oz)|
Importance of Having a Quality Headset for Video Conferencing
When it comes to video conferencing, having a quality headset is not just a luxury, it’s a necessity. While you might think that your computer’s built-in microphone and speakers are enough to get by, the reality is that they can’t compare to the sound quality of a dedicated headset. This is especially true if you’re in a noisy environment or have multiple people on the call.
A good headset not only ensures that you’re heard clearly by the other participants, but it also helps you hear them better. With noise-cancelling technology, you can eliminate background noise and focus on the conversation at hand. And let’s not forget about comfort – a well-fitting headset will allow you to participate in longer calls without experiencing discomfort or fatigue.
Investing in a quality headset isn’t just a smart move for professional purposes, but it can also make a significant difference in your personal life. Whether you’re catching up with family and friends or taking an online class, a headset can help you feel more engaged and connected. So if you haven’t already, it’s time to ditch the built-in microphone and speakers and upgrade to a quality headset. Your ears (and everyone else on the call) will thank you.
What to look for in a headset for video conferencing
The first thing to check when buying a good quality headset is sound quality. A high quality headset will make a big difference in your virtual meeting experience. It will allow you to hear other participants better, and allow them to hear you better also. You can also use a laptop for video conferencing as most laptops come with built in microphones. But built-in microphones might pick up other noises in the room. This will become a distraction and interfere with clear communication between participants. This is why we recommend a dedicated headset.
A good noise cancelling microphone will cancel out background noises and reduce interference. This will create voice clarity and enhance your experience.
In this article we recommend the best noise cancelling headsets and microphones for video conferencing and Zoom meetings.
Wired or wireless
This is a personal preference. Wireless headsets are convenient but they require pairing to your computer. They are also dependent on batteries to function.Wired headsets are more plug and play. They work without batteries.
Other Factors to Consider When Choosing a Headset
Aside from sound quality and noise cancellation, there are several other factors to consider when choosing a headset. One of the most important factors is design. A comfortable headset can make a world of difference, especially if you’re going to be wearing it for hours on end. Look for a headset with soft ear cushions and an adjustable headband, so you can get the perfect fit for your head. Some headsets even come with swiveling ear cups that can rotate to fit the shape of your head, providing additional comfort and customization.
Another important factor to consider is build quality. A high-quality headset will be made with durable materials that can withstand the rigors of daily use. Look for headsets made with high-quality plastics or metals, and avoid headsets made with flimsy materials that are prone to breakage. Additionally, consider the type of microphone used in the headset. Some headsets have boom microphones that can be adjusted for optimal positioning, while others have built-in microphones that may be less flexible but offer greater convenience.
Choosing the right headset can greatly enhance your video conferencing experience. By considering factors such as design, build quality, and microphone type, you can find a headset that not only sounds great but also feels comfortable to wear for extended periods of time.
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Choosing a Headset
When it comes to choosing a headset for video conferencing, it’s essential to make an informed decision. Unfortunately, many people make common mistakes when selecting a headset, which can affect their overall conferencing experience. One of the most common mistakes people make is choosing a headset based solely on its price. While it’s understandable that you want to save some bucks, going for the cheapest option may not always be the best idea. Cheap headsets may compromise on quality, causing you to experience discomfort or poor sound quality during video calls.
Another mistake people make when selecting a headset is overlooking compatibility with specific conferencing software. Different video conferencing software has different requirements, and it’s essential to choose a headset that works seamlessly with your preferred software. For instance, some headsets may not work well with Microsoft Teams or Zoom, which are two of the most popular conferencing software. Always ensure that the headset you’re buying is compatible with the software you’ll be using for video conferencing.
Lastly, failing to consider noise cancellation options is another common mistake that people make when choosing a headset. Noise cancellation can make a significant difference in the clarity of your voice during video conferencing. Without noise cancellation, background noise such as traffic, children playing, or pets barking can distract your colleagues or clients during the video call. Therefore, always go for a headset that offers noise cancellation features to enhance the clarity of your voice and overall conferencing experience.
Headset Maintenance Tips
Your headset is an essential tool for video conferencing, and like any tool, it requires proper care and maintenance to function optimally. To ensure that your headset lasts long and continues to provide excellent sound quality, you need to take some steps to maintain it. This section highlights some tips on how to care for your headset.
Firstly, proper cleaning is essential to ensure that your headset lasts long. Ensure that you clean your headset regularly to remove dirt, sweat, and grime that can accumulate over time. You can use a soft cloth to clean the ear cups and headband, while a soft-bristled brush can help remove dirt and debris from the microphone and speaker grilles.
Secondly, proper storage is essential to prevent damage to your headset. Always store your headset in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and heat sources. Also, make sure to keep your headset in its carrying case when not in use to prevent damage from accidental falls and bumps.
Lastly, it’s important to troubleshoot common issues that may arise with your headset. Issues like distorted sound, static noise, or connectivity problems can be frustrating, but most can be easily fixed with a few simple steps. For example, adjusting the volume, resetting your device, or updating your drivers can often solve common headset issues.
Future of Video Conferencing Headsets
As technology continues to evolve, it’s no surprise that the future of video conferencing headsets is looking bright. With new advancements being made all the time, we can expect some exciting developments that will take video conferencing to the next level. One area that is sure to see improvement is noise-cancellation technology. As we work from home and on the go, it’s more important than ever to have a headset that can block out background noise and distractions.
Another area that we can expect to see improvements in is the microphone technology used in headsets. Many of the top headsets on the market today use noise-cancelling microphones, but we can expect to see even more advanced microphones that can filter out specific sounds and even adjust to different voices. This will make it easier for people to communicate effectively during video calls, no matter where they are.
Finally, we can also expect to see more integration between video conferencing headsets and artificial intelligence assistants like Siri or Alexa. This could allow users to control their headsets with voice commands, making it easier to adjust settings or mute the microphone during a call. As technology continues to advance, we can expect even more exciting developments in the world of video conferencing headsets.
Other Headsets For Virtual Meetings
Here are ten top-of-the-line headsets that are great for video conferencing and Zoom:
- Plantronics Voyager Focus UC: The Plantronics Voyager Focus UC is a lightweight, comfortable headset that offers up to 12 hours of battery life. It comes with active noise cancellation and a noise-canceling microphone for clear audio during calls. The headset also has smart sensors that pause audio playback when you take it off.
- Bose QuietComfort 35 II: The Bose QuietComfort 35 II is a popular headset that offers excellent noise cancellation and up to 20 hours of battery life. It comes with a noise-rejecting dual-microphone system for clear voice calls. The headset also has easy-to-use controls on the earcup.
- Sony WH-1000XM5: The Sony WH-1000XM5 is a wireless headset that offers industry-leading noise cancellation and up to 30 hours of battery life. It comes with a high-quality microphone for clear voice calls and intuitive touch controls. The headset also has a stylish design that makes it perfect for use in a professional setting.
- Sennheiser Momentum 3 Wireless: The Sennheiser Momentum 3 Wireless is a premium headset that offers excellent sound quality and active noise cancellation. It has a stylish design and comes with intuitive touch controls. The headset also has a long battery life of up to 17 hours.
- Poly Voyager 8200 UC: The Poly Voyager 8200 UC is a wireless headset that offers excellent noise cancellation and up to 24 hours of battery life. It comes with a boomless microphone for clear voice calls and easy-to-use controls. The headset is also comfortable to wear for extended periods.
- Microsoft Surface Headphones 2: The Microsoft Surface Headphones 2 is a premium headset that offers excellent noise cancellation and up to 20 hours of battery life. It comes with touch controls and a high-quality microphone for clear voice calls. The headset also has a stylish design that makes it perfect for use in a professional setting.
- Shure AONIC 50 Wireless: The Shure AONIC 50 Wireless is a premium headset that offers excellent sound quality and active noise cancellation. It has a stylish design and comes with intuitive touch controls. The headset also has a long battery life of up to 20 hours.
All of the above headsets offer high-quality audio and microphone performance, comfortable wear, and noise-canceling capabilities that are essential for video conferencing and Zoom calls. They vary in terms of price and specific features, so it’s important to choose the one that fits your budget and meets your specific needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which headphone is best for Zoom meeting?
The best headphone for a Zoom meeting depends on your specific needs. If you want a headset with excellent noise cancellation and crystal-clear audio quality, the Jabra Evolve2 85 or the BlueParrott S650-XT are great options. For a more affordable alternative, the Jabra Evolve2 65 offers a comfortable fit and good microphone quality. Ultimately, it’s important to choose a headphone that fits your budget and provides the necessary features for your Zoom meetings.
Which headset is best for online meetings?
The best headset for online meetings is one that offers high-quality audio and a comfortable fit. The BlueParrott S650-XT and the Anker PowerConf H700 are both great options for online meetings due to their excellent noise cancellation and good microphone quality. The Logitech Zone Vibe 125 is also a good choice for its comfortable design and strong audio performance. It’s important to consider your specific needs and preferences when choosing a headset for online meetings.
What is the best headset for teams meetings?
The best headset for Teams meetings is one that offers excellent call quality and comfortable wear. The Jabra Evolve2 65 and the Logitech Zone Wireless are both great options for Teams meetings due to their noise-canceling microphone and comfortable fit. The Plantronics Voyager Focus UC is also a good choice for its good audio quality and sleek design. Ultimately, the best headset for Teams meetings depends on your specific needs and preferences.
What headset does not pick up background noise?
Headsets that offer active noise cancellation are the best at blocking out background noise. The BlueParrott S650-XT and the Jabra Evolve2 85 are both excellent options for their effective noise-cancellation capabilities. The Plantronics Voyager Focus UC and the Jabra Evolve2 65 also offer good noise cancellation and are comfortable to wear for extended periods of time.
Is it OK to wear a headset in a Zoom meeting?
Yes, it is perfectly acceptable to wear a headset in a Zoom meeting. In fact, wearing a headset can improve the audio quality of your calls and reduce background noise, which can help you communicate more effectively with your colleagues or clients. Just make sure that your headset is comfortable to wear and that its microphone is properly positioned for optimal sound quality.
Which headphone has best call quality?
Headphones that offer good microphone quality are best for call quality. The Jabra Evolve2 85 and the BlueParrott S650-XT both offer excellent call quality due to their noise-canceling microphones and strong audio performance. The Anker PowerConf H700 and the Logitech Zone Vibe 125 also offer good microphone quality and are comfortable to wear for extended periods of time.
What is the best Teams headset with noise cancelling microphone?
The Jabra Evolve2 65 and the Logitech Zone Wireless are both excellent Teams headsets with noise-canceling microphones. These headsets offer excellent call quality and are comfortable to wear for extended periods of time.
Are on-ear or over-ear headphones better for office?
Both on-ear and over-ear headphones can be good for office use, depending on your specific needs and preferences. On-ear headphones are generally more compact and portable, which can be helpful if you need to move around frequently during the day. Over-ear headphones, on the other hand, typically offer better noise isolation and can be more comfortable to wear for extended periods of time. Ultimately, the best choice for office use depends on your specific needs and the nature of your work.
Choosing the right headset for video conferencing is crucial for ensuring clear communication, reducing background noise, and minimizing distractions. The top picks reviewed in this article all offer exceptional audio quality, noise-canceling technology, and comfortable design for all-day use.
The Jabra Evolve2 85 stands out for its wireless freedom, convenient controls, and customizable audio experience, making it a great choice for professionals and remote workers who need to switch seamlessly between different devices and optimize the sound for their specific needs.
The Jabra Evolve2 65 and the BlueParrott S650-XT also offer impressive noise-canceling capabilities, high-quality audio, and comfortable design, making them ideal for video conferencing, online meetings, and distance learning.
Ultimately, when selecting a headset for video conferencing, it’s important to consider your specific needs, budget, and preferences. By choosing one of the top picks reviewed in this article, you can ensure that you have a reliable and high-quality headset that will enhance your online communication experience and make your virtual interactions more productive and enjoyable.
Last update on 2023-11-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API